Seven: A Little Possesive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~7~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened?" The question comes out in a sigh. "Principal Higgins, it really wasn't my fault this time-" "Oh? And who's fault was it?" My jaw clenches and I lean back in my chair, glaring angrily.

Right after I left for first period, Blonde Bimbo went straight to the Principal's office and reported an "offense."

What the fuck? I didn't do ANYTHING to her! If anything, SHE fucking offended ME.

"It was Blonde-" I stop, shaking my head. Disrespect wasn't going to get me anywhere. Even I knew that.

"MIA grabbed me in the hallway and pushed me up against a wall." I explain carefully.

"Her story seems to prove different." Principal Higgins counters. I grit my teeth, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I acted out of self-defense." I try to explain once more. "I didn't even do anything to her! What the hell-" "What am I here for?" I finish, taking a breath to calm myself.

It's incredibly difficult for me not to swear in situations like this.

Higgins looks me over with his tired, bag-surrounded eyes. Finally, he sighs exhaustedly.

"Consider this a warning." Higgins says, motioning for me to stand.

I do, nodding curtly. "The next time this happens-" "It won't." I snap, cutting him off. He nods.

I move quickly across the room and bolt out the door without a single backwards glance.

***

I decide to skip out on school for the rest of the day and head into town.

I haven't seen Natalie, I haven't seen Jake.

I nearly got into a fight with White-Trash-Blonde-Bimbo-Bitch and got sent to the freaking Principal's office for it.

I think it's time to call it a day.

I hide out in the deserted bathroom near the fire exit in the hallway until I hear things quiet down.

Once I'm sure everyone is in class, I exit stealthily and waste no time heading for the door.

I breathe a sigh of relief once I'm out and begin a slow, leisurely walk towards the nearest bus station.

I'm interrupted from my peaceful thoughts when I hear a familiar voice yell my name from across the road.

My heartbeat quickens, and I walk faster, deciding to ignore the call. "Lily! Hey, Evans!" I can almost see the huge smirk on Jake's handsome face as I set my pace quicker, jamming my hands firmly into my pockets to keep from doing something stupid.

Like waving.

Jake seems to have some superhuman speed though, because he catches up to me in a matter of seconds.

"What the hell are you, the Flash or something?" I ask incredulously. He chuckles, still smirking.

"Skipping out, are you?" He asks, falling into step beside me. "Oh, you don't say." I mutter sarcastically.

"Mind if I join you?" He asks smoothly.

Nope. Not at all. Just run away with me now, we can go elope together. I shake my head, clearing my frantic hormonal thoughts.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Get lost." I say, not meeting his eyes. It's too easy to get lost in those amazing green orbs.

"What'd I do NOW?" He asks lazily. "Your Blonde Slave picked a fight with me this morning."

Jake scoffs. "Which one? I have a lot of blonde "slaves" on hand at the moment."

I stare disbelievingly for a moment. "Mia whatever the fuck her name is." I answer finally, focusing my eyes on my feet.

"Oh her. She's a little possessive." "A LITTLE?" I ask incredulously. "She fucking pinned me against a wall. It's a good fucking thing I didn't punch her pretty little face in." I snap.

Jake simply chuckles. "Feisty. That's how I like em.' " I growl inarticulately.

"Look, I'm not one of your admirers. I barely know you. I have no interest in you whatsoever, and whatever the hell happened between us last night was because you were drunk." I finish.

Jake stays silent for awhile.

Suddenly, I feel his strong, sure hands grasping tightly to my waist.

"What the fuck? Get off me!" I exclaim, struggling. "No interest whatsoever? I think we should change that." He says, looking down at me.

Our eyes meet, and I stare intently into his, all snappy remarks gone from my mind.

As quickly as my mind went, it returns. I grasp his hands in mine firmly and pull them off of my hips.

"This is a new low. Even for you." I say quietly, turning to walk away. Jake chuckles softly, easily keeping up.

We don't say anything for the rest of the walk and when we arrive at the bus stop, I turn to tell him to get lost once more.

"I'm not leaving." Jake says, as if reading my thoughts. "Then you can come. But stay the HELL outta my way." I snap, heading to sit on the poor excuse for a bench.

Jake however, seems to continue wanting to make my life a living hell, because he swiftly overtakes me and plops himself down onto the bench, stretching out slowly.

His huge frame takes up all of the tiny space with no problem. "Could you move? Where the hell am I supposed to sit?" He pats his lap, giving me a 'duh' look.

"No way am I doing that. Fine, then. I have the nice hard ground to sit on, I'll be okay." I say, settling onto the ground.

We wait for the bus in silence. Once I hear it approaching, I shoot up immediately.

"Thank God." I mutter.

Jake is right beside me, keeping up with my every move.

"You look hot today." He says casually, watching the bus slowly come to a standstill.

I ignore the rapid beating of my heart and say coolly, "I always do."