Twenty Eight: Taking A Nap

~~~~~~~~~~~~28~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No," I snap, crossing my arms firmly across my chest and glaring at the dashboard. "You're being unreasonable," Jake replies, glancing anxiously at me.  

"Not as unreasonable as you," I counter, not returning his gaze. "Lily." "Jake."  

We both sigh in unison and glare at each other. "Just-" "No." "But-" "No." "Lily-" "No," I glare, challenging him to continue.  

Jake sighs and tightens his grip on the steering wheel, saying nothing more until we arrive home. 

"I'm taking a nap," I mutter, throwing myself down onto his bed and burying my face into his unbelievably soft pillows. 

Jake nods and lies himself down beside me, stroking my hair absentmindedly.  

This is weird. No. Actually... It feels kind of nice. The last guy who did this to me was only trying to get me to sleep with him. And like an idiot, I did. 

"Are you trying to sleep with me?" I blurt, turning around to face him. 

Oh. 

I hadn't known he was so close. 

Our faces are a mere inch away from each other, and I find myself captivated yet again by his beautiful green eyes. I don't think I'll ever get sick of those eyes.  

He laughs and then takes on a playful, boyish expression that nearly makes my heart stop.  

"I think my mom would REALLY kick you out if she heard you suddenly screaming out my name, Gorgeous." I blush, but move closer nevertheless. This is so weird. 

"I can't sleep now," I whisper as if I'm telling a secret. Jake smirks and brushes a stray strand of hair behind my ear, making my heart race. 

I sigh, pulling away. Jake frowns and grabs my arm, pulling me back down to face him. "What is it?" He asks with a solemn expression. 

I shrug and settle back down beside him. "I'm scared, Jacob," I admit, my voice barely above a whisper, pursing my lips.  

His lips press against mine for a moment, but it's nothing like the kiss from before.  

Instead of raw want and need, the kiss is now filled with tender sweetness. I smile before pulling away, ignoring my racing heart. 

"I'm sorry you had to get dragged into this, Gorgeous," he says softly, settling his hand on my cheek and rubbing in gentle circles with his thumb.  

I nod, looking down 

"Just go," I sigh, glancing up at him anxiously. "I'll fix this. I promise," Jake says in a level tone. I nod weakly, trying as best I can to hide the anxiety that's beginning to build up inside me.  

"Just... Come back in one piece?" I ask, biting my lip. We both know there's more than a slight chance that he might not. 

"Come here," he says, pulling me up into his arms in one swift movement. I sigh and press myself closer up against him, then stop when he stiffens and grabs my ankle. "What?" I ask, confused. 

Jake raises an eyebrow and glances down at his... Friend, giving me a significant look when our eyes meet once more. 

I laugh, moving my ankle away from his "zone." "Sorry," I mutter, pressing my face into his chest and taking in his intoxicating scent. 

His arms tighten around me and I feel the vibration of his soft chuckle. "No need to apologize, Gorgeous," he murmurs, stroking my hair once more. 

"This is so weird," I finally blurt, biting my lip. "What is?" Jake asks. "This. I mean... You're... Not... I mean... Just... It's weird," I stammer, earning a laugh.  

"Best let it go," I say firmly, not looking up. "Just this once then, Gorgeous," he replies, pecking me on the cheek and pushing me off of him carelessly. 

And just when I thought. 

"Hey!" I object, a frown making its way onto my face. Jake smirks in return and says, "I have somewhere I need to be." "Can I come?" "No," he replies in a flat tone. "Why n-" "Just stay here. Okay?" Jake says in an exasperated tone. 

"Fine," I huff like a little child, crossing my arms for good measure. "See you later then, Gorgeous," Jake says over his shoulder, grabbing his keys and slamming the door behind him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

OPERATION STOP LEO: ACTIVATED. :P 

Haha, so I know this wasn't exactly the best chapter, but I needed something to start up the action again.  

Hope you guys liked it anyway, though. ;) 

Don't forget to: 

•COMMENT 

•VOTE 

•FAN 

•SHARE ❤

I love you! (And you, and you, and you... ALL OF YOU!) 

-Sofi :**