Twenty: Your Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~20~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next day with a pounding head and a bitter taste that lingers in my mouth.

I'm about to get changed and head downstairs for breakfast when it hits me-this isn't my room.

Who's room is this?

It's obviously a boy's room. I walk outside and look around for a clue as to where I am.

The flawless silver print on the door finally reveals my location.

Jacob. This is Jake's room? Why am I in Jake's room?

I decide not to go downstairs just yet. I don't want Jake's mother thinking I've slept with him or something. Wait, I haven't, right?

I look down at myself, quickly examining my current state. I'm incredibly ruffled and smell of alcohol, but I don't look or feel like I just had sex.

I walk back into the room and plop myself onto the bed, burying my head in the pillow and inhaling Jake's heady scent.

"Morning, Gorgeous," a voice says from the doorway. I groan into the pillow, firmly shutting my eyes and wishing that the voice doesn't belong to who I think it does.

Jake pads into the room and I feel the bed dip with the weight as he settles in beside me. "Why am I in your room?" I ask, turning around to glare at him. Jake smirks in response and says, "I think I liked you better drunk." "What did we do?" I hiss, sitting up. He merely chuckles and shrugs.

I grumble to myself for awhile before getting up and rifling through his closet. "What are you doing?" Jake asks. "Looking for something to wear," I reply in a 'duh' sort of way.

I eventually pull out a Beatles shirt and a pair of short black boxers. "Why?" he asks again, sounding astonished.

I turn to him, crossing my arms defiantly. "You owe me an explanation. More than one, in fact. And I'm not leaving until you answer my questions." I snap, glaring.

Jake sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Fine. Go get changed, then. You look like shit." A smirk makes it's way onto his face as he says this, and I tisk irritatedly before leaving the room.

After about five minutes of walking back and forth around the upstairs hallway like an idiot, I finally find the bathroom and make my way in, locking the door quietly behind me.

I wash my face and brush my finger with my teeth, (gross, I know, but I had no choice) making sure I don't leave the bathroom until I'm presentable enough.

Jake's shirt is huge on me, and his boxers are a bit big, but they fit me alright.

I pull the ponytail off of my wrist, messily bunning my stubborn brown hair.

"What took you so long, Gorgeous?" Jake asks lazily when I return, settling down onto the bed beside him.

"Did I sleep with you?" I blurt, staring at him. "I wish, Gorgeous." Jake replies, smirking. I roll my eyes in response, crossing my arms for good measure.

I'm about to ask (yet again) about Leo, when my stomach grumbles loudly, interrupting my train of thought.

"Hungry?" Jake asks, laughing. "Not even a little bit," I say wryly. "Come on, then." He says, grabbing onto my wrist and hauling me up.

"No!" I hiss, tearing my wrist from his grasp. "What?" Jake asks impatiently, tapping his foot. "Your mom, you idiot!" "That phrase is so yesterday," he replies with a smirk. I slap my palm to my forehead and flick Jake on the back of the head in response.