Thirty Seven: Cougar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~37~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly rummage around the glove box, hoping to find something to knock Alexander and Luccio out.

When I find nothing that works as a potential weapon, my eyes dart momentarily to the drivers seat and fall on the ignition.

Oh, brilliant. They've left the key.

What dolts.

But hey, I'm definitely not complaining.

I hop quickly into the driver's seat and start up the car, shifting into reverse. I smirk smugly as I pull out of the parking space and head straight for the Warehouse.

If I can't go out, then I'm taking it in.

I take a deep breath and rev up the engine. Please let Jake's car be as tough as it looks.

I can hear alarmed shouts from outside the car, and lots of banging around. I suppose they've put two and two together, then.

Too late.

I shift into drive and rev the engine some more, gaining speed as the car crashes straight through the Warehouse walls.

Touchdown.

I quickly pull the key out of the ignition and roll down the window to check for Alexander and Luccio.

Both are nowhere to be seen, so I tuck the key away in my pocket and fix the bloody cloth on my arm before getting out.

My eyes roam the huge, empty space.

So I'm in.

What now?

Idiot.

Suddenly, I feel a hand grip my arm firmly. I turn in alarm, then almost burst into tears. Again. Geez, am I on my period or something?

"Jake!" I squeak, throwing my arms around his neck. "Lily," he breathes, hugging me back quickly. "Jesus, is that my car?" he asks incredulously, eyes widening at the mauled piece of metal.

"Uhm... Yeah. Sorry about that," I mutter, my cheeks burning.

"We'll talk about this later. We need to go. Like, now," Jake says quickly, pulling on my injured arm. I cry out loudly, wrenching my arm out of his grip and stumbling backwards.

Jake curses quickly before picking me up in his arms. "Sorry. Look, we need to go. I just found out that Luccio-"

"Hasn't left, after all these years," Luccio himself finishes with a snigger as he walks into the Warehouse.

"Bravo on your little "plan," by the way," he sniggers again, towards me this time, walking slowly toward us, daggers in hand.

"Coward," Jake growls, letting me down and pushing me behind him roughly.

"I never left, Jacob. You, on the other hand, did. You are the coward," Luccio retorts, clenching his jaw.

Jake's hands ball into tight fists at his sides, and I can already see the cold lifelessness on his face.

Before I can react, someone comes up behind me and grabs onto my hair, exposing my neck to which they press a knife.

Let me guess who this bastard is.

My eyes dart upwards quickly to meet Theo's, and he grins evilly down at me in response. "Fuck you," I spit at him, causing Jake to turn ever so slightly towards me.

If he feels alarmed that I'm in danger, he gives nothing away. His eyes simply slide carelessly over mine for a moment before turning back to meet Luccio's.

"So what do you want?" Jake asks coldly. "Come back, Jacob. You could be so much more," Carmela purrs, suddenly entering behind Theo. "And I miss you," she adds with a wink.

Fucking bitch.

"He's my boyfriend, you pathetic bitch," I hiss at her through clenched teeth.

Wait, my boyfriend? Oops. Okay, so no, he isn't my boyfriend. But it's not like he'd want a woman like Carmela anyway. She's way too old for him. And whether or not he would, I just made the decision for him, so too bad if he did.

What?

I'm about to die and I'm thinking about boyfriends and cougars. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Carmela just giggles and pulls harshly at a strand of my hair, making me want to punch her even more.

"I'm not coming back, Carmela," Jake replies, not taking his eyes off of Theo. Carmela pouts and walks up to him, throwing her arms around his waist and resting her chin on his broad shoulders.

"Hey, Carmela? If you're done being a whore, can you call your monkey off of me?" I growl, glaring fiercely at Carmela.

To my immense relief, Jake tears Carmela's arms off of him, giving her a cold look of rejection before turning back to Luccio.

This is one weird fucking group of assassins.

Carmela simply laughs and turns around to lock eyes quickly with Theo. He loosens his grip on my hair just a bit, so that my neck isn't at an odd angle.

"How about this, sweetie. Return as one of us, or we kill your precious girlfriend," Carmela says softly, turning back to Jake again.

Jake snorts in return. "You'd kill her anyway. No one other than the assassins and the employer himself are supposed to know about our little... Arrangement," Jake continues, raising an eyebrow at Carmela.

"It seems we have a bit of a stalemate, then," Alexander says, walking in casually, trailed by two other unfamiliar men to take his place beside Jake.

"It seems we do," Jake growls at Luccio and Carmela.

It starts with a gun shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Action time, yeahh! :)

Can't wait for the next chapter, now can ya? Can ya? :P

So, again, please:

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

FAN :>

And I'll write you next time!

-Sofi :*