"It's really beautiful outside, and you still have to talk to your mum."

"Leave me alone." I pushed myself further into
the bed. I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk to anyone. I felt so horrible and extremely sad. "I don't want to talk to anyone." I groaned. "I just want to die."

I felt a hard slap on my arm that made me jump up from my bed.

"How many times have I told you never to use such words carelessly?" I turned quickly at the sound of my mother's voice. I wasn't really surprised. She was the only one that loved to hit me like that. I was surprised to see her though. What on earth was she doing here?

"What on earth are you doing here?" I rubbed my eyes, finally sitting, so I could see her properly. I turned to Grace, because I didn't remember inviting my mother over. That had to be her handwork.

"I'm sorry." Grace apologized. "I couldn't handle all this," she pointed at me, and my really untidy hair. "Alone. I needed help."

I placed a hand on my face and then exhaled. She really didn't have to do that.

"Grace?"

Mum and I had not talked in weeks. Not since I left the house the way I did the other day. I mean, she always called and texted to say she was sorry everyday, but I just didn't pick or reply any of her texts. I meant it when I said I was going to ignore her forever. for taking the sides of the man that separated me from the love of my life.

"I'm really sorry." Grace stood up from my bed. "You didn't leave me any choice."

"You should be happy she called me." My mum told me, just as Grace pulled a chair to her, so she could sit right across me. "Look at the mess you've made. Look at you."

She was late. I had done that all day yesterday.

"What on earth happened to your phone?" She noticed my broken phone on the center table. Please God, tell me she got me a new one. At least Grace must have asked her to.

"You're lucky your friend asked me to get you a new one, because you had spoilt this one. It's a good thing you got rid of this old model. I always wanted you to upgrade to one of the latest series, so I got you an upgrade. "

I rolled my eyes as I watched my mum drop a bag on the table. A phone was actually the last thing on my mind. I groaned. I heard her exhale.

"Come on, Kora. I already said I was sorry. How can you not forgive me? How can you not talk to me? I'm still your mother."

I sat up straight and stared at her. My current mood had nothing at all to do with her, and I hoped she realized that.

"I'm sorry baby." She leaned closer to me. "I've really missed not talking to you. It's really breaking my heart. You know you're my best friend. I can't keep living like this, living without you."

Now she was just teasing.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" She asked me, and then smiled. "I know what you want. I know what can really make you smile. I loaded your phone with over a hundred pictures this morning for you, with different outfits and poses for you know who." She whispered at me, probably so Grace wouldn't hear, and then winked.

Maybe she thought Grace had no idea about Jeremiah and I. I could hear Grace burst into a light chuckle, while I just stayed on my bed, staring at my really embarrassing mother.

"Really hot pics." She went on.

If she was talking about Jeremiah, I just couldn't wait to let her know that she was wasting her time.