Merlin went pale. “He knows I have magic? Husband?”

                He was now following by my side in a sort of trace. We were leaving the forest and headed for gates of Camelot. I held his hand softly.

                “Of course he knows of your magic, my love,” I said. “As he knows I do. He expected you as what you are and now you are his advisor. He still doesn’t listen to you sometimes, of course, but King Arthur is still a very kind man.”

                Merlin smiled a bit. “King Arthur?”

                “Yes, after Uther died, he had to become king. Goodness husband, try to remember.”

                “You keep calling me husband,” he said looking at me with a confused look.

                “We are married. Did you eat some plant?”

                “Married,” he whispered not answering my question. He looked down at his left hand (the one I didn’t have) and saw the gold band around his finger. He then moved my hand that was in his and saw the band around mine with the small pearl in it.

                I nodded at him. “Yes, Arthur married us.”

                Merlin looked like he might cry. He pulled me into another kiss, this one deeper and longer. I smiled into it. It was better than I remembered causing my whole body to go weak.

                He walked through Camelot, holding my hand tightly. I was glad of it too.

                The two of us walked through the courtyard. May of the guards nodded their head respectfully at Merlin. He seemed to be in awe at what he was seeing. Camelot looked clean and the people seemed happy. Some still struggled, but there was clearly help for them.

                At the top of the steps King Arthur and Queen Gwen waited for us. They smiled kindly as we walked up the steps to them. Gwen gave me a hug and Arthur hit Merlin softly on the head, which made Merlin smile.

                “Now, sir, I will ask you not to hit him,” I teased him.

                “He may be a warlock, but he is still silly Merlin,” Arthur replied. “Thank you for finding him Cara.”

                “Oh, he was just roaming around the woods. He has been acting odd though, I think he might not be feeling good.”

                “That is no good,” Gwen said.

                “You can’t miss the celebration,” Arthur said.

                “What are we celebrating?” Merlin asked.

                We all looked at him worriedly.

                “What?” he asked looking confused.

                “Merlin, darling, you were the first to know,” I told him softly, “I’m pregnant.”

                I thought he might faint, but he just stumbled back some before he started to breathe hard. It was a bit horrified when he bent over and put his hands on his knees and started gasping for air.

                “Merlin!” I gasped falling on my knees next to him. The knights were starting up the stairs looking worried. “Merlin, are you okay?”