Summer Blunder

Deron's POV:

   The weather was extremely nice out on a hot summer day, but just a few days after I had my swimsuit picture taken, I was cringing from embarrassment at a sign that showed the same image at my father's brand's store. Really, why did I look so bad in that photo? The whole world saw it and now I'm dying. Seagulls were creaking, the waves of the beach swished and swooshed, lots of people were walking noisily in public, and because I was with my parents, my brothers, and two bodyguards, it was not peaceful at all to see any snaps of the cameras from the paparazzi.
   "Mother, where are we going?" I asked my mother, trying to get her attention.
   "We're in Atlantis Bay."
   "Atlantis Bay?" Ashkii turned his head. "What was it known for?"
"Atlantis Bay is very famous for its ocean cruise, the signature dishes of adoola salad (a steamed vegetable dish, mainly onions, spinach leaves, crushed lily petals and sometimes comes with grilled quail, tossed in a savory pumpkin dressing) and a rapunzel smoothie, and especially that beach we're on!" Mother told the story behind the extravagant city.
   "It's so cool! But I'm not feeling well about the camera people. They have to follow us wherever we go."
   "That's because we are important figures. Without them, no one would know us!"
   "Look, Daddy, I wanna catch that birdie!" Wayhem screamed with joy, chasing a seagull that was eating something off of the wooden bridge. Then, he pouted as it flew away.
   "No, Wayhem. Those white birdies aren't something to be kept."
   "Get me one!" He argued back.
"Please?" Ashkii went on his knees and dragged Father's foot.
   "Can I have one, too?" I even asked, and then we all begged our parents to keep a seagull.
   "Oh my god, please stop!" My father gave up and nodded his head as he placed his hand over his forehead. We were laughing maniacally at him and goofing around, but as I was still watching my brothers make silly faces at the paparazzi, I grabbed a paper lunch bag with two holes and a black marker written phrase: "Dear paparazzi, please don't take a picture of me." and placed it over my head.
   "Deron, take that bag off your head." My mother lifted the bag away from my face, but I pulled it down, resisting the force she used. Somehow, I heard a rip splitting the bag open when several cameramen still snapped the pictures of the most embarrassing incident. Dang it, that useless paper mask for a vacation didn't work. I forgot to bring my Pedro disguise!
**********************************************
Alan's POV:

As I was forbidden to go on an ocean cruise by my family, I took a step to fix the problem by doing some chores around the house and getting Raven out.
   "Wow, nobody's around anymore. Did your parents not allow you to go on vacation?"
   "I wanted to visit Atlantis Bay but they won't let me... but I remember the time I went on a Mediterranean ocean cruise when I was around seven."
"Do you have a very strong memory about it?"
"Not much, but other than the time I got this souvenir and was having a blast with my family before it was all ruined today." I revealed a beautiful locket.
"Alan..."
"I'm here..."
"Some things in the past could be cherished... but I'm afraid that your parents are never getting back together anytime soon... not even once."
"I knew that, but they're putting unnecessary rules on what I should do or do not."
"That's a sign of an abusive relationship."
"What should I do about it?"
"Today's your lucky day, Alan. Since you're home alone, you can sneak out and do whatever you want while they're away!"
"Are you serious?" I wandered around, starting to smile when nobody was there. Finally, today's the time I can visit Dad unbothered! But on second thought, what if he also went on vacation? Just then, I transformed into Darkbird and locked all of the doors, flying off as high as I could to find Dad's flat once again.
   When I made it to the destination I wanted, I transformed back into myself, finding the room he lived in. Knocking on his door the second time, he took a quick peek and answered.
   "Who are you?"
   "Dad, it's me."
   "Hold up Daddy, what happened?" Elias ran over, trying to look through the peephole. "Who's this?"
   "Elias, remember me? I was the one who came over a few years ago."
"Alan's here!" He later ran to tell his siblings, and Dad finally let me in, wrapping his arms around me again as I dropped my bag.
"Since when did my baby son grow up to be a handsome teenager?" Dad smiled on excitement.
"I'm not exactly sure, Dad. It just happens within time."
"Come on in!" He offered me some cheese puffs on a plate, asking me how I got there.
"Um, an alien sent me there from Planet Wilde." I lied to cover up the evidence about my Darkbird secret. "But Meredith and her parents are going to Atlantis Bay without me. I even got told that it's a sign of abuse..."
"Technically, it is... it's never meant to be romanticised, unlike the books you've read or the movies you've watched. It takes more than just that to cope with domestic abuse."
"When will I ever find happiness if I have to spend the rest of my life in the shadows?"
"You're getting the happiness you deserve right now. I'll call the police and my wife and I will have to discuss further on that."
"But what will happen to Meredith?"
"I'm taking her to live with me, too."
"No, she's better off with Mum and Gary."
"I don't think so. Clearly, it's good to have love in a family, but too little or too much can hurt you." At that point, an imaginary lightbulb brightened my mind, processing all of the lessons and writing down several theories. It could be possible that Meredith is also going through the same thing as me as well, but since she's younger, she is blindly unaware about what will happen next.
**********************************************
Heather's POV: