Inside an Unknown Utopia

Adrielle's POV:

   It was a pretty cloudy day when my friends and I were taking a trip to a lolly shop. Our parents except Eve's and bodyguards were all accompanying us at the time, so I would pose for the paparazzi with Melanya. However, the trip was crowded due to the overwhelming fame her father received. The four of us felt like spoiled princesses with fifteen minutes of fame at the moment inside the building.
   "Come on, Naomi! You don't want to miss those chocolate figures!" Melanya called Naomi over.
   "Thanks, but I also like to check out the gummy rings. Even the limited edition sweet and sour ones were considered tasty!" Naomi responded.
   "Yippee! I can stash as many jelly beans as I want!" I was running around like a toddler, trying to take the largest bag possible and carelessly tossing the jelly beans in the bag.
   "Yeah, let me join!" Eve took a bag as well, scooping all the jelly beans, but as I was leaving to head to the lollipop section, I heard the sound of spilling candies. I turned around to see that Eve was making a mess, but I did nothing to stop her since my mind was distracted by Melanya and Naomi running around with baskets of candy. I joined them to snatch all the candy and sometimes, we ate them off the shelves along with a random little boy as our accomplice.
   "This is so much fun!" The boy screamed, leaking every single dispenser of chocolate to the floor.
   "Wanna do it again?" Melanya laughed.
   "I've never done something that's totally not me, but I'm having fun from studying." Naomi smiled.
   "So where did you come from?" I asked the little boy.
   "My mummies won't let me get anything, so I left them to go get some."
   "Wait, so you have two mums?" I couldn't process what the boy just said.
   "Not everyone has a mum and a dad, Adrielle." Naomi stated with seriousness.
   "Well, forget it. Where's Eve?" Melanya dismissed the conversation.
   "Here!" Eve was sweating while running with several broken lollipops and rock candy on her hand. "Oh, god..." her face was green from a possible stomachache.
   "Are you okay?" Naomi held her arms, but she was still sick from something.
   "I'm okay." She got to the nearest trash can and we turned around. Later, the manager, the police, and our parents caught us before it was too late to hide in another spot.
   "Melanya, you're busted!" Melanya's father screamed at her, making all of us panic and sometimes cry.
   "We were searching everywhere to find you guys, but why would you run away?" Naomi's mother scolded while holding a sobbing Amaryllis.
   "Hold on, guys. I need to speak to the manager right now." Melanya's mother was threatening everyone in the store.
   "I am the manager." Surprised faces dropped when a lady in a funky dress put her hands on her hips as she walked out from the restroom. Right at the moment, unpleasant arguing and more paparazzi snapping that stressed everyone.
"Run away from the store! Don't let anyone catch you!" Eve shouted at the little boy, telling him to run away with the unpaid sweets.
He obeyed anyway, screaming, "Run, run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"
"Go get the shoplifter!" A police officer warned another, chasing away to stop our accomplice.
*****************************************
Leland's POV:

With my heart pounding and my legs feeling weary every step I took, I was unsuccessful at escaping from the police afterwards.
"Hey, you. What's going on with all that candy in your bag?" A female police officer asked.
"I just want good food. My parents won't let me. That's all." I was tempted to answer, still begging with tears to leave.
"Then what's your name?"
"Leland."
"How old are you?" Another female police officer questioned.
"Six."
"But where are your parents? You can't be left alone like this."
"He doesn't understand between what's right and what's wrong, Kaneila."
"You're right, Hadley. We can't arrest him, but still, we have to take him to his parents immediately."
"Next time you try to steal some candy without paying for it, you could get in trouble. Do you want that to happen to you for the rest of your life?"
"No. Now where are my mommies?"
"Good. Now that you've learned your lesson, we'll take you home."
Later at home, before I had my computer taken away, I left a message to Darkbird to help me escape the trouble my parents suffered.