Chapter Twenty Five

Caroline was exhausted by the time she got to her seat. The wedding party had just finished dancing with the bride and groom. If she had her way, she wouldn't have danced, but she just had to honor Lois on her big day. It was Lois and Kelvin's wedding reception and Caroline couldn't have been happier for Lois. Both of them had grown so close in the past month and Caroline felt more than honored when Lois asked her to be one of her bridesmaids. Caroline looked in Aunt Emni and Uncle George's direction. They were enjoying their discussion with two other couples who sat on the same table with them. Aunt Emni was smiling wide while uncle George laughed at what one of the men was saying.

The bride and groom were still dancing and a lot of guests were spraying them money in different denominations. Lois was dressed in the gown Caroline had designed and even Caroline hadn't expected it to be this perfect on her. The tailors had done a very great job. Lois was one of the most beautiful brides she had seen. She looked so happy and peaceful in Kelvin's arms as they swayed to the music. One look at the way Kelvin looked at her was enough to tell how much he loved her. Caroline didn't think a man would ever look at her that way. All the men who had given Caroline second glances always looked at her as though she was some delicious meal they couldn't wait to devour. She remembered Jack Albert. How foolish she was to think that he'd felt something for her, not knowing that he only planned to use her to satisfy his dirty cravings and then forget about her. Kelvin was so different from Jack. He held Lois as though she were some delicate gem he'd do anything to protect. Lois was one lucky woman and Caroline hoped she knew it.

Soon, Aunt Emni and Uncle George went to join in the spraying of money. Lois' mother was present. She danced so happily, together with Kelvin's parents and her joy was contagious. She was such a jovial woman. From the few times Caroline had gotten to interact with her in the past few days, she had been so sweet and nice. Lois was her carbon copy.

"Are you always this quiet?" Benjamin asked, startling Caroline. She had been so deep in her thoughts that she didn't know when he took the seat next to her. Benjamin was Kelvin's younger brother and the groomsman who had been paired with her for the wedding party's entrance.

Caroline smiled and nodded.

"I bet you're not this quiet when you're with Lois."

"I'm freer around people I'm used to."

"So, you're an introvert. I like introverts." He grinned.

Caroline didn't know how to respond to that. She considered saying thank you. But what if he didn't mean that as a compliment. She smiled instead.

"I hear you work at Jay's wears."

"Yeah. I do."

" You sew or what?"

"I actually design clothes."

"Really? Do you have some of your works on your phone?"

"Uhm. Actually, I designed Lois' dress."

"What?" Benjamin looked at Lois and back at Caroline. "I don't believe you." he smiled.

Laughing, Caroline went through her gallery and brought out the photo she'd taken of the design and showed it to him."

"Ahh. Tuale oo! Boss. I dobale for you." He bowed his head low.

Caroline laughed as Benjamin praised her in Yoruba.

"You truly are a legend. The first time I tried designing was the last time I tried. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

"My friends mistook the trouser for a pair of scissors." He whispered in her ear. "I'm glad they were blunt enough to tell me designing wasn't my thing."