Chapter Twenty

"What are you wearing?" Aunt Emni didn't look satisfied as she perused Caroline's outfit.

Caroline blushed as she looked down at her black sweater-gown and peach loafers.

"You're not going for a casual job, girl. You're going to meet the CEO of a fashion company where you'll prospectively be working. Dress fashionable, let them know they hired the right person." She gave her a playful nudge. "Come on, I know you have good fashion sense. It's very evident from your Facebook photos. Now is the time to let it come into play."

Caroline burst out laughing. "Have you been stalking me, Aunt Emni?"

"What, Me? No" Aunt Emni looked funny trying to deny it. "I mean... well, I just like seeing how my little girl is doing."

"We live in the same house, aunt Emni. You see me every day."

"Okay, fine." Aunt Emni smiled. "I just enjoy viewing your photos, they're nice."

Caroline grinned. "Thank you."

"Look," Aunt Emni took her hand and led her back into her bedroom. "Now is not the time to talk about photos. Let's get you something to wear before Lois gets here. How about that designer suit I got you from Dubai? I haven't seen you wear it."

"Yeah. That's true. Caroline rummaged through her wardrobe until she found the black and white suit." She loved this suit right from when Aunt Emni got it for her but she never had any befitting occasion to wear it to.

By the time Lois arrived, Caroline was dressed in her suit and a matching pair of silhouettes with a matching bag. She'd packed her hair into a bun and done very light make-up.

"Caroline!" Lois stared at her in awe. "You look so pretty. I can see this fashion designer thing is really in you."

"You look beautiful too." Lois was in a pink pencil gown and black loafers with a black bag. Beautiful as always.

"Lois, darling." Aunt Emni and Lois hugged. "It's so good to see you again."

"You too, aunt Emni." Lois grinned.

"My husband would have loved to meet you today but he left early because he had an important meeting to attend."

"I was just about to ask about him." Lois smiled. "Please, extend my regards to him."

"I'll do just that."

Aunt Emni smiled as she accompanied them to Lois' car. Lois took the driver's seat while Caroline sat next to her.

"Enjoy your first day at work." Aunt Emni called.

"It's not my first day at work. It's just a meeting with my future boss."

"Whatever day it is, happy 'it'." They laughed and said their byes and Lois zoomed off.

~~~

"Sir, you have a meeting with Mr. Johnson tomorrow." Clara, Isaac Luke's secretary reminded him as they walked to his office after the board meeting.

"I haven't forgotten."

"Okay. Footwearfreaks sent a mail yesterday saying they want an increase in the supply of the leather sneakers."

This was good news. The newly designed leather sneakers were released into the market just last week and they were already attracting a lot of customers. "Discuss that with John. Let him see how much they're talking about."

"Okay." Clara scribbled down something. "The suppliers of those silk and leather materials which came in last week are demanding for their payment."