"You stand accused of being dragon Hunters, subjugators of dragons. Do you deny this?"

"Yes."

"But you Admit that you force the dragons to carry you on their backs?" she shot back.

"We don't force them," Hiccup corrected.

"And that you use them to land secretly on our island?" Mala continued, ignoring his comment.

"Yes, but you make it sound worse than it was."

"So you weren't caught by my men sneaking towards our Village?" she challenged her convict.

"Sneaking is a strong word..."

"And you didn't come heavily armed?"

"Those are for self-defence!" Hiccup grew flustered.

"Oh, so you came here expecting a fight?" Mala's eyes flashed.

"No! You're— you're twisting my words."

"Ok. That's it," Tuffnut announced from beside Kiara. "Time for an expert to step in." He strode forward.

A black-clad woman held her arm out, stopping him. "That won't be necessary," she said and Kiara recognised Je'ann's soft voice.

"Na-ah!" Tuff protested. "This attorney of things will NOT stand for—" Astrid shushed him and tugged him away. Je'ann glanced back and Kiara saw an anxious turmoil in her eyes.

"It will be okay," Je'ann mumbled, a bit more to herself than Kiara, before taking a step towards the queen. Another step. Another.

As Je'ann walked forwards, the sunny day's temperature seemed to drop a couple of degrees. A cold silence had settled. The tribe's people shifted, their eyes locking onto her with icy stares. She clasped her shaking hands in an attempt to steady them and faced Mala from beside Hiccup.

"This trial is unfair, my queen," she said loudly, though her voice quivered. Mala's face hardened and her fingers clenched into a fist: a clear warning to stop. "We have accepted a single piece of evidence and collectively," Je'ann dared to continue, "we have already decided these people's fate."

"That is enough, Jeann," Mala growled. "It is clear that Kiara has polluted your mind."

"N-no!"

"Step out of the court."

"They may not be guilty!" Je'ann continued, sounding desperate as several of her comrades stalked towards her with raised spears. Kiara stared on as a nauseating sense of panic rose in her stomach.

"Out!" Mala ordered.

"We should give them a chance to explain why they had a map with —wait!" Je'ann yelled as she was grabbed by three defenders and forced away from Hiccup.

"That's it!" Kiara said, her eyes brightening in realisation. "Hiccup! Explain the map!"

"Oh, oh right!" Hiccup turned to Mala. "The map doesn't—"