Chapter Thirteen: Batgirl

Start from the beginning

Batwoman sighed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Batwoman," Vibe replied, "I didn't mean to at all."

"At least you aren't who we're looking for." She went back to the control center. "You can stay."

A wide grin appeared on Vibe's face. "Really?"

"Just don't blast at any more of the gadgets."

Vibe bounced lightly, from the balls of his feet.

As I watched this, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. "Anyways," I said, "I think we should fill Vibe in, Batwoman."

Vibe's bouncing stopped, as if trying to restrain himself. "Oh, yeah." He paused for a second. "Do we have any possible leads?"

"The only real lead we have is Joker," Batwoman answered, "to be honest, any other culprits would be unimaginable, considering the symptoms."

"But why would the Joker release a disease to make people look in his image? What's the point?"

For a second, the moment played all over again; the gunshot ringing within the apartment, the blood oozing out of my abdomen, his crooked smile on that bleached face of his. My heart raced as I saw this. "Because he's the Joker!" I replied instantly. I panted as I snapped back into the Batcave. Joker was nowhere in sight.

"A bit loud there," Batwoman replied.

Vibe knitted his eyebrows together above his goggles. "You okay, Batgirl?"

I nodded. "Ye..yeah. Just a bad thought." I sighed. "Continue."

"Well, Vibe, we don't know," Batwoman replied, "what we do know is that this thing is spreading like wildfire, and we need to figure out who did it. But for right now, we need to question Joker."

"And how are we gonna do that?" Vibe asked.

I turned to Vibe. "Follow me." With that, we walked past Batwoman in the center of the Batcave.

After a brief couple of moments, we arrived at Harley's cell. She was sitting on her bed, looking up at the cement ceiling. She twirled the pink end of her hair with her finger.

"You're kidding," Vibe said, "you guys got a hold of Harley Quinn?"

I nodded.

"How?"

"You could say it was me and Black Canary's luck," I answered, "with a little help from Supergirl."

Harley turned her head to look at us. Her eyes widened as she turned herself over and got up. She walked over toward the bars of her cell. "Who's this fine fella ya got fer me, B-Girl?"

Vibe's mouth opened slightly. "Uhh..." He gave her a small wave. "Hi?"

"This is Vibe," I said.

Harley waved back at Vibe with a wide grin on her face. "Hiya, Vibe Boy." A small giggle escaped her. "You with someone?"

"Uh..." Vibe replied, "...no...?"

She smiled at that. "Even betta!"

I sighed. "Harley, he is not your new boy-toy. Vibe's here to help us figure out who spread the illness."

She rolled her eyes as she held onto the bars. She scoffed. "Boring!" She looked back at me. "Ya just like B-Man, 'imself: all business and no fun."

I chuckled at that. "You really think I'm like Batman?" Another laugh escaped me. "Trust me, you should be happy I'm not Batman.

Harley turned back to Vibe. "Don't mind, B-Girl. I know how to have a good time."

Justice League FemmeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara