Chapter Thirty-Two: Wonder Woman

I dove down and toward Poison Ivy and swooped back up. "You're finished, Isley," I said. I cuffed her with her own vines. She was weak enough where she wouldn't be able to control her plants to untie her out.

Jessica looked at me. "So what do we do now?"

"Ivy was just a hiccup to the plan," I said. I turned to face the others. "We need to find a subway to get out of Gotham City."

"Ooh! Ooh!" Harley's hand shot up.

"Yes, Harley?" I asked.

"I know where the nearest train station that'll get us outta Gotham is!"

I nodded at her. "Even better."

Huntress smirked. "Wow, would you look at that?"she scoffed. "The Clown finally contributes something useful for us."

I looked over at Huntress. "Really?"

"Yes."

I sighed and looked back to Harley. "Where is it?"

"It's over by One Gotham," she answered, "I used ta use it ta get ta Arkham Asylum."

Huntress chuckled. A smirk grew on her face. "Was that before or after you lost your sanity?"

"Then we have no time to waste," I replied, "let's get going." With that, we left Robinson Park.

The train station was empty. The lights let out a golden hue that lit up the vast station. There was a certain city musk in the air. I walked over to the ticket booth. An older woman with short, white hair sat behind the glass. Her brown eyes widened when I walked over to her. Her jaw dropped open.

"I'm going to need sixteen tickets for the next subway train out of Gotham City please," I told her.

She blinked a few times.

"I don't mean to bother you, sister, but we have to leave as soon as possible."

She stuttered. "I...I never thought that Wonder Woman would need..." Her hands shook slightly as she started to print out the tickets.

"We don't have much time," I explained, "for the fate of the world depends on us reaching our destination."

She slid the tickets over to me. "Terminal five," she spoke. Her voice shook.

"Thank you, sister," I said, "I plan to pay you back when we return." I turned around and walked back to the others.

"Which way?" Vixen asked.

"Terminal five," I answered. I started walking. I could sense the others following close behind.

"Ya know," Harley spoke, "before I met Mistah J, I had anotha lova."

Huntress scoffed. "Doubtful."

"I ain't lyin'. His name was Bernie. Bernie Bash. Named my beava back home afta 'im."

"Surprised you dind't name him after the man you 'loved oh-so-much'."

"Ya never forget your first love."

Huntress rolled her eyes. "When you're not crazy, you're cheesy."

"Hey," Jesse replied, "Huntress, let Harley talk." She paused for a moment. "Go on, Harley. What was Bernie like?"

"I rememba when I met 'im at that Halloween party all those years ago. He asked me that if I could kill anybody in the room, who would it be. I pointed to this one stuck-up girl that had been bullyin' me in school and I said I'd throw her in front of a truck!" She let out a chuckle. "When I asked him, he said the same girl only 'cause she was botherin' me."