Chapter Thirty-One: Batgirl

I rolled my eyes and let out a scoff at this sight. "Of course it's you."

A smirk curled on Poison Ivy's face. "Lovely seeing you, too, Batgirl. How's the old Dark Knight doing?" A devilish chuckle escaped her.

"Hi-ya, Red!" Harley called out. There was a wide grin on her pale face. "Boy, am I glad to see you here! Say, how's that man-eatin' venus fly trap doin'?"

Poison Ivy flashed Harley a small smile. "They've doing well, Harl. But they've been a bit hungry lately. It's hard to find a man to feed them. Ever since the disease spread like wildfire..." She sighed. "Why are you with them?"

"We're gonna stop Brainiac from destroyin' the world, Ive!" Harley shouted. Her grin stayed on her face.

"So that's the one behind it all." Poison Ivy smirked. "Interesting."

Huntress glared at her. "What's with the look, Ivy? Something you'd like to tell us?"

"Nothing really," she responded, "I'm just happy that the humans got to get what's coming to them. Once everything is said and done, the green will be able to thrive. For that, I should owe Brainiac gratitude."

"Ivy, let's not forget," I said, "you're human, too."

"Metahuman, Batgirl," she corrected, "no ordinary human could have the connection to nature that I do."

"Greta Thunberg must be so jealous of you if that's the case," Stargirl blurted out in a monotone voice.

"Cut it, Stargirl!" Batwoman grunted.

Poison Ivy looked turned to Stargirl. She smirked at her. "It sounds to me that we have quite the wily weed in this garden of heroes."

Stargirl scrunched up her eyebrows from under her mask. She stuck out her tongue at Poison Ivy.

"And a petulant one at that."

"I think Starry-Girl might be on ta somethin' with that one, Ive!" Harley let out a small giggle.

I sighed. "Okay Ivy, you have our undivided attention. Why do you have us strung up like this?" I shook my head slightly. "What do you want?"

Poison Ivy surveyed the entire group with a quick glance. "Well, I see that we have some moles in my new garden. I can't have any of that, you know."

"Moles?" Harley asked.

"New garden?" I asked.

"You think I'd be content with just the Gotham Botanical Garden?" She chuckled. "That isn't even the bare minimum of what I want."

"What do you want?" I asked.

Poison Ivy turned around, facing away from us. "Look at this concrete jungle, heroes. This isn't even a jungle! This...this is just concrete. How could nature thrive in this polluted environment?" She looked back at us. "But things have been different lately. With society incapacitated, there's no better time for the green to rule. First Gotham, then the world."

Harley's eyes went wide. Her lips pursed together. "Ooh!" Suddenly, a grin plastered on her face. She bounced up and down from her vine entanglement. "Can I join ya, Red? Pretty please? It sounds like a whole lotta fun!"

Poison Ivy shot a glare at her. "Look at you, Harl. Look at who you're surrounded with. You think they would understand what I'm after?"

Harley blinked a couple times. "Uh...I dunno?"

"That's exactly the problem. They wouldn't. And it's clear you've sided with them."

"Nah. These guys were just confused. They thought Mistah J was the one behind it all, when really it was that green-lookin' Brainiac alien after all!"