Chapter Twenty-Five: Batgirl

One hour before...

I led Cisco, Helena, Nia, and Jesse toward the cells in the Batcave.

"So you guys got Killer Frost, huh?" Helena asked. She had her crossbow in her hands.

"She tried to start a snowstorm in Fawcett City fron what I heard," I said, "quite the sight."

Jesse chuckled behind me. "Okay, I'd be lying if I said that ice powers weren't cool." There was a slight pause. "No pun intended."

After a few moments, we arrived at the cell. Caitlin was on the top bunk of the cell, with Harley on the bottom. She looked at us. "How much longer am I going to be here?"

"Shouldn't be too long," Cisco assured her.

Harley smirked at him. "Hey, Vibe Boy!" She got up and held on the bars of the cell.

He rolled his eyes.

"I noticed ya don't got yer goggles of yours."

"We're off-duty."

Harley smirked. "Off-duty, huh?" She stuck her hand between the bars, only for Cisco to flinch. She pouted at that. "Aww, c'mon."

"Not interested."

Harley widened her eyes as she kept her pout. "Yer no fair."

Jesse turned to her. "Hey, why don't we leave our Vibe-friend alone?"

Harley pouted.

I sighed and looked at Caitlin.

"I didn't mean to cause collateral damage like that," Caitlin said.

"I know," Cisco assured her.

"I know you do," she replied, "and thank you, but I need the others to believe me as well."

"We're gonna help you, Caity."

I pursed my lips together. Caity. He had a nickname for her. How long had he had that nickname for her? "How did Killer Frost come to be?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm sorry?"

"Metahumans don't just appear out of nowhere," I replied, "right?"

Caitlin gave me a small nod. "That's true."

"So how did Killer Frost manifest herself?"

She sighed.

Suddenly, there was a pit in my stomach. A wave of guilt. "You...you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I think I may have been a bit too forward."

"It's okay," Caitlin said, "I don't mind." She inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. "When I was ten, my dad was diagnosed with ALS, which is genetic. He and my mom, they were both scientists, so my dad turned to cyrogenic therapies in order to prevent the chance of it ever happening to me. It worked, but..." She opened one of her hands. Dry ice escaped from her palm.

"It made you Killer Frost," I replied.

She nodded. "Yeah." She let out a sigh. "Yeah, it did."

Harley let out a small chuckle. "Sounds like Caity's got the textbook case of what we call 'daddy issues'."

Caitlin transformed quickly into Killer Frost. She conjured a dagger made of ice and put it against Harley's throat. "You wanna play with me, clown?"

Harley's eyes widened. "Ooh!" She grinnned. "What're we gonna play? Twista? Jenga?" She gasped. "We gonna play Truth or Dare?"

Killer Frost scoffed. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't freeze you to death right here, right now."