Chapter Thirty-Three: Supergirl

My eyes opened to see a glint of orange. I felt my chest up against a concrete floor. I blinked a couple times before sitting up. It became clear that in front of me was a glass wall, giving a view of what seemed to be a large stage. It was lit up with orange spotlights right in front of us. A creature made of gray stone stood opposite of a green and yellow reptilian creature. The reptilian lunged toward the stone being, only for it to be slammed in the jaw. Past the arena's stage was a large crowd. They were cheering, but I couldn't make it out. "By Rao," I muttered as I slowly stood up, "what is going on?"

A groan came from behind me. I turned around. Many of us were sprawled on the concrete floor: Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Mon-El, Dreamer, Jesse Quick, Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, and Huntress. Some of them started to wake up.

"The hell happened?" Huntress spat. She surveyed the cell we were in.

"Plastique must've been working with someone in order to drug us," Wonder Woman answered as she stood up.

Huntress glared at her. "No shit, Diana!"

"We don't need to be brash, Helena."

Jesse looked around the cell. "Hey, I think we're missing, like half of us."

"Then where's the rest of us?" Batgirl asked as she sat up.

I looked back out the glass wall. Past the arena, where the creature of gray stone had pinned his reptilian opponent to the ground, I could see another glass wall. My eyes widened when I saw Batwoman and Mary Marvel try to break the glass to no avail. "The glass..." I stammered, "it's not normal glass."

Harley walked over. She examined the glass wall for a moment. She put her index finger to her chin and tapped it. "Does anyone know where my mallet's at?"

"Did you not hear Supergirl?" Huntress replied. She gave Harley an icy stare. "She said it's not normal glass. You probably can't break it with a mallet."

She looked back at Huntress. "You don't know if you don't try."

Jesse ran over to Harley with lightning speed. In her hand, she had Harley's signature mallet. "Here."

A grin drew on Harley's face as she plucked the mallet out of Jesse's hand. "Thank ya, Speedy!" She faced the glass wall. "When I bust us all outta here, I gotta owe ya a small fava."

Huntress rolled her eyes at this.

Harley swung her mallet at the glass. Instead of shattering into countless tiny shards, it bounced back. The impact knocked Harley back, with her landing roughly on her side. The mallet had been knocked out of her hands. She lifted herself up and looked back at the glass wall. "Dammit," she muttered.

I looked back at the group. Dreamer had gotten up by now. She bit her bottom lip as she paced back and forth frantically. I flew over to her. "Nia, are you okay?"

She shook her head. "Supergirl, this...this is it."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I placed my hand on her shoulder. "What do you mean?"

Dreamer looked at me. Her deep brown eyes were glossy, as though she was holding back tears. "This arena, this room. I saw all of this. I saw everything that has happened and will happen."

The realization struck me. All this time, when I had told Dreamer that it may not necessarily happen, it never occurred to me once that maybe Dreamer's visions, her dreams, were accurate.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" a female voice boomed over a loudspeaker, "we have our first Meta-Brawl winner of the evening: Crusher!" The crowd bursted in applause.