Chapter Forty-One: Wonder Woman

The breach snapped shut in front of me once Cisco jumped through. There was a small pit in my stomach. I silently prayed to Apollo that Kara would recover. I turned back and scowered the collection room. At first glance, all that could be seen was just the bottles of all the cities Brainiac had collected; the cities that harbored lives that did not deserve this punishment. How many loved lones had they lost, whether it was through the disease or of his maniacal bottling process?

"You okay, Diana?"

I looked back to see Kate standing behind me. She had taken off her Batwoman cowl and held it between her forearm and under her bicep.

I sighed, a blink following shortly after. "I wish I could say I was." I walked toward her. Behind Kate, I could see Zatanna near Brainiac. She muttered something I couldnt make out and a chain appeared out of thin air, binding Brainiac tightly. "I see Zee's gotten a hold of Brainiac."

Kate looked back. "Oh, yeah." She turned back at me. "She does."

"Good. We'll need to harness his knowledge of the ship to bring the cities back to their proper place."

"I know Vixen and Black Canary are looking for the antidote along with Dreamer. She says that she had a dream while Supergirl was encountering Brainiac, something about it being below the main cortex."

"We're on the right track." I started walking out of the collection room.

Kate frowned. "I know this mission has been hard."

I shook my head. "I watched children die, children we both knew. Jesse, Mary, Courtney." Courtney. She asked for something before she died. What was it?

"I'm still in shock, too." She placed a hand over mine. "But I know damn well that they'd want us to keep fighting. They died fighting after all. They would want us to keep going." Her eyes looked directly into mine. "And we can make things right. After all, they don't call us Justice League Femme for nothing."

I gave her a slight nod. I turned back to the collection room, surveying the countless bottles. "Star City."

"Huh?"

"We start with putting Star City back in its proper place."

She had a tiny smile on her face. "That's the Wonder Woman I know."

I strutted out of the collection room and into the main cortex of the ship. I looked at Zatanna. "We will need your magic to help us restore the cities."

She smiled. "Considering old Brainy here isn't going to wake up anytime soon, I'd say my magic is a good bet to unbottle the cities." She looked back at the incapacitated Brainiac. "At least for the time being." She walked toward Brainiac's throne and lifted her hands. "Where to first, Wonder Woman?"

"Star City."

Zatanna gave me a nod. "Esiar siht pihs!"

Suddenly, there was a loud rumble, followed by the ship shaking as it rose from its crash site.

"Ylf siht evoba ot Rats Ytic!"

There was a jolt as the ship zoomed high through the air.

Zatanna sighed. "Until Brainiac reboots, my magic should help us get there without much of a problem."

I nodded at that. Soon, footsteps approached us from behind. I turned to see Vixen, Black Canary, and Dreamer standing. In Vixen's arms, there was a large capsule filled with a red liquid.

"I was almost positive that we'd have to make something of our own," Vixen said as she handed over the capsule, "I wasn't sure that Brainiac would create an antidote if he really wanted to bring an end to our world."