23

Most days, I woke up before Lauren. She loves sleeping in, and that big bed of hers makes it all too easy. But when I stir and wake the morning after my match, my eyes blink open to find Lauren already wide awake.

"Good morning." Lauren rests on her side, one leg hooked over mine. With her head resting on one fist, she gazes at me with a gentle expression. Contemplative.

"Morning to you, too." I snuggle closer, kissing her lips. So soft, like the rest of her. Lauren stroked the necklace I won last night, my hard-won prize. True to my word, I hadn't taken it off, and it was the only stitch of clothing left between us. "Maybe we should think about heading home, soon.

Lauren shakes her head. Taking my hand, she kisses the back of my palm, not breaking eye contact. "I don't want to. I want to stay in bed with you all day, Camz."

Simmering with desire, I'm suddenly wide awake. The sheets are still tangled around us, so I pull them away to touch her body. "Then let's order room service." Thumb stroking over her hip, I find the pockmark of an old injury long scarred over. Her skin is so tempting, soft and warm. Those subtle sighs of a hard life just highlight her perfection.

"Ah..." Her breath escapes her in a sigh as I dip my head down, caressing her neck with my lips. I know every sensitive spot, rooted out her weak points. I memorize it all that quick of my brain, and yet every time it feels like I discover something new. "Mm. I didn't finish what I was saying." Reluctantly, she keeps me at arm's length. "I said I WANT to stay in bed all day, but Chris has other plans."

"Booo."

"I know, but it's not all that bad." I arch up to grab one of the pillows, fluffing it up under my head. Lauren and I speak in whispers, still preserving the sanctity of this blissful morning even as we talk shop. "There's a big party tonight. A lot of our new black market connections will be attending. Liam and I have to get in there and make some deals." Lauren traces the outline of my lips. "Do you want to go with me?"

I start wiggling from side to side. "Hell yes!"

"Yeah?"

"Of course! I'd love to go on a date with you."

A dark red blush stains her cheeks. Lauren flops her head down on the pillows to try and hide it, but I can see it even on the back of her neck. "It's not a date, it's an important business meeting."

"Aw. Did I fluster you?"

"NO." She lies through her teeth, face still pressed into the pillows. Lauren has a silver tongue and a filthy mind.

She always knows exactly what to say to send me from 0 to 100 in the span of a sentence. But casual, normal displays of affection are still something new to her. And she STILL has a hard time saying 'girlfriend'.

"I'm just messing with you, Lolo. I'm happy you want me around for something so important." I pry her pillow from her so that I can kiss her again, peppering her face until she starts smiling. "It makes me feel like I'm really one of you."

"You know what else will help you feel that way?" rolling out of bed, Lauren strides over to her discarded clothes. She riffles around for her phone, quickly dialing. "A new dress."

I'm awake and alert in a flash, hanging off her arm and squealing in excitement. "Oh, can we go shopping?!"

"We can do whatever you want. I'm calling up a tailor friend of mine, but if there's anything he can't make, then I'll buy it for you."

"Anything?" I ask.

"Anything. A new car. A pet tiger. A private island."

"Lounging around the beach on Sappho Isle sounds like a perfect retirement plan to me."