XXVIII.The Moment I Said I Do, When I Really, Really Didn't

[A/N:] Remember to vote and comment.

Well, Mama Daniels is not happy at all about the news of Christine's pregnancy.

Trust me, she's not the only one but in the end...well, we all know (those of you that read ATMFN first) how this ends, and would we really want to change the outcome?

——————————
XXVIII.The Moment I Said I Do; When I Really, Really Didn't

When I was at a small village in Iraq one day, there was a group of young kids playing soccer in the middle of a dirt field. I remember sitting with Ford next to me as we both watched them playing around and laughing. They were caught in their own little world and there was a brief moment when I saw my own future children amongst them.

I started imagining sitting on my front porch with my wife as we both watched as our children ran around the front yard chasing after one another while playing tag. Maybe even throw a dog into the mix.

Every good American home needs a dog.

Then in my cute little fantasy, I'd look over to my wife with absolute love and devotion for her and only her. Every time, every single fucking time, that woman was Bex.

She was just how I remember last seeing her but older of course and damn was she still as beautiful as ever. Age, didn't fucking matter when it came to her natural beauty that always takes my breath away.

Fast forward months from that moment and here I sit, on the front porch swing of the house I grew up in—nine months shy of experiencing that.

However, it's not in the way I would've ever planned it to be. One big factor, is the woman I'm going to be having a baby with, isn't my Bex. She's not my first love; Hell—she's not even a love at this point.

It's been over two weeks since Christine showed up at my home with the news and to say it's been chaotic around here since that moment is a major understatement.

Mom still isn't too thrilled about it and Heather is furious with me to the point she won't even talk to me unless Mom makes her.

Ford is disappointed in the situation and has blamed himself about a hundred times for not making me go home with him that night.

I guess he feels like if he had, the hook-up would've never happened and I'd already been in California. Possibly marrying the love of my life already.

At that thought alone, I feel my eyes start to burn as I look out into the distance. I can hear the morning birds chirp and I watch as they play out in the birdbath in Mom's flowerbeds. Not a damn care in the world for them.

I reach up with my hand and wipe my face clean of the tears that are escaping. A rectangular piece of paper rest between my fingertips that I've been holding onto for the last two weeks. A fucking constant reminder that it's over.

Bex and I are over.

I read the text on the front of it for the millionth time and my heart breaks.

Summerville Airport to Los Angeles International Airport.

It's dated almost two weeks ago and I never even got a chance to make it to the airport. I knew, there was no way I could go. What would I say to her?

'Hey, I'm sorry for what I did. I want you back but guess what? I've got a kid on the way that isn't yours.'

Yeah, she'd just laugh in my face and kick me square off in the balls. I wouldn't blame her since my balls are the main corporate here. Who knew I was so damn loaded with baby barring sperm?