XV.The Moment I Caused A Catfight

A/N: Sorry for the delay in posting but like I promised, here's the second update for this week. Enjoy and remember to vote and comment <3

______

XV.The Moment I Caused A Catfight

"Well look who finally decided to show up to his own birthday party," Jimmy greets me as soon as I walk through the front door of his good-sized two-story mansion size of a house.

He puts a hand on my shoulder while putting a beer in my hand with the other. I give him a grin before putting the tip of the bottle to my lips and walk-in further to where everyone in the proximity of our age is at.

"Oh don't even try to play like this birthday party is for him, Jimbo. His birthday was over a week ago," Ford teases Jimmy as he hands Ford a beer bottle. Jim smirks at him with a shrug and walks us further into the house until we reach the kitchen.

Susie is standing talking to a few girls from our class and smiles at Jimmy as soon as he walks towards her. God, I wish I could have a relationship like that.

Whereas soon as your girl walks in or visa versa, you already know they're there without having to look. Like there's some invisible pull between your two souls.

"There's my girl," Jimmy calls out loud to her and she laughs it off as she continues talking with the girls I now recognize as Melissa and Teresa.

Both of them turn towards me when I walk-up and I can already tell by the look in their eyes I'm going to have a wonderful time fighting them off of me. Sorry ladies, there's only one girl I want on my arm tonight. Speaking of which...

"Where's Bex at?" I nod towards Susie, actually surprised that neither Heather or Bex is with her.

"Oh, I think she's upstairs with some guy," she winks and my body instantly tenses up. I slam the bottle on the countertop, nearly breaking it, and begin to turn but Ford stops me.

"Babe, knock it off. Don't worry Nate I wouldn't let little Bex go anywhere upstairs with a guy that isn't you," Jimmy gives me an overexaggerated wink while elbowing my side.

I glance at everyone in our little circle and notice Melissa and Teresa pout their bottom lips out. Susie notices it and smiles at me before leaning over to whisper to the two of them. Not a few seconds later they both scurry away towards the living room where music is playing over Jimmy's dad's massive stereo system.

"Not cool Sus," I pick up my bottle and point the tip of it at her while narrowing my eyes.

She giggles more and wraps her arms around Jimmy's neck before pulling him in for a subtle make-out session in front of everyone. I turn towards Ford to talk with him and after another fifteen minutes, Jimmy and Susie stop nearly fucking in the kitchen to join in on the conversation.

"So are you nervous to be leaving after graduation in a month?" Jimmy asks as he sits upon the kitchen countertop while Susie ventures off towards the living room.

"Yeah, I am," I cross my arms over my chest and lean back against the kitchen island.

"Yeah, but he'll be alright. He's got me to keep his ass in check," Ford grins as he pats me on the back and I roll my eyes jokingly as I swat the back of my hand at his gut.

The day Ford went down to the recruitment station with me, he signed up as well. I'd like to say I was surprised but I wasn't deep down. Ford and I have always been two peas in a pod since we were little and have always done everything together.

Of course, when I asked him to go with me I didn't intend on him joining. I just wanted my best friend there for support while I signed my future away to something greater than me.