XX.The Moment I Wrote Her The Letter That Would Break Her Heart

A/N: So this is the chapter, another one you may have been waiting for if you've read the rest of the series first; particularly A Thousand Miles From Nowhere. This is the chapter I've been dreading having to write and has seemed to take me forever to get posted, ENJOY<3

Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates on not only my stories but sometimes my personal life <3

Remember to vote and comment

------

XX.The Moment I Wrote Her The Letter That Would Break Her Heart

I stand outside the post office in Fort Leonard Wood with an envelope in my hand. The envelope that'll ultimately ruin everything.

Everything I've worked towards the last year will be over; just like that.

Everything I promised to myself and to her that I'd never do, will come forward as nothing but a lie. Inside this envelope, is the one thing in this world, that will undoubtedly break her heart and mine.

Fuck, it already is.

As I hold it in my hands, preparing to slide it into the slot of the blue mailbox, I think back to the moment the seed of doubt was planted in my head and lead me to write this God-forsaken letter that took me two weeks to finally sit down and write but I did none-the-less.

————

I smile to myself as I lean back against the beige colored wall while I sit across my bunk with a pen and paper in my hand. I've already got two pages, front and back, written out to the side that I plan on sending to Bex tomorrow when we get our day off to go into town for personal time. I may not be able to send out the letters every day as I'd originally planned, but I still write a letter every night before I go to bed.

God, I fucking miss her.

I miss her laugh, her smile, her beautiful blue eyes, and the soft strands of her long hair that cascade down her back like a waterfall. I can't wait for my training to be done so I can finally go home to her, even if it's only momentarily.

While I press the tip of my pen to the paper to write out words I would've never dreamed of saying to anyone else, Ford walks up and smacks my booted foot before sitting on the edge of my bunk.

I ignore him as I continue writing, telling Bex about where I want to take her for our first official date and all the things I can't wait to do with her. Keeping it PG-ish of course.

God, I hope Mike doesn't read these letters.

Granted, nothing I write is similar to an erotic romance novel but you would definitely be able to tell we've slept together. Just by how I talk about holding her naked in my arms after a wonderful moment of making love in her bed, with specific details about her body that I would only know while seeing her naked.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I miss her. I just want her in my arms. Like yesterday.

Damn, I'm ridiculously in love. I'm sure once I have her in my hold at the airport, I'm never letting her go.

My mom and Heather will just have to wait their turn for their hugs.

"Are you writing Bex another letter, lover boy?" Ford teases as he nudges my boot once again to grab my attention.

I glance up at him with a smirk and look back down at the words on my paper. Man, she's really going to love this one.

"Aww, how adorable. Daniels is in love," Garrett teases and sits atop my footlocker at the end of my shared bunk with the annoying ass Brett Hensen.