V. The Moment I Contemplated Going To Prison For Murder

A/N: So for those of you that have read ATMFNW may remember this memory being mentioned by Bex and here's what happened from Nate's POV. Enjoy!

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
V. The Moment I Contemplated Going To Prison For Murder

A movie about a rat that wants to be a cook is currently playing on the large screen in front of my truck. Honestly— I couldn't even fucking tell you what's happened in the last thirty minutes.

I haven't been able to watch it since we got here because I'm constantly looking over at the car next to me where Bex is sitting with douchebag James.

Her back is facing me and I don't like the way his arm is wrapped around her shoulder as they talk, not even paying attention to the movie. Heather is in the truck next to me to my right with her current fling and I could honestly care less about what's going on in the cab of that truck.

Okay yeah I know—what a fucked up thing to say about my little sister but I know she'll be fine.

As if I'm afraid of jinxing it now, I quickly look over and witness the two of them tongue wrestling with one another and I physically gag.

And that's why I DON'T. FUCKING. LOOK.

I quickly look ahead in time to see the rat riding on top of the redhead guy, pulling his hair to guide him around in the kitchen and cringe. Yeah that's sanitary as fuck.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear the slam of a car door to my left and look over to see Bex getting out of the car, James following right behind her.

Oh fuck no—

When he wraps his arm around her, my heart aches because in all honesty, that should be me.

God why am I so damn jealous?

I have no right to be, it's not like I admitted my feelings to her and she shot me down. Nope—I haven't said a damn thing so it's my fault I'm in this predicament.

And...the award for the biggest pussy in the world goes to yours truly. Watch me as I mentally take a bow.

As I watch them slowly walk down the gravel pathway towards the concession stand and bathrooms, James looks over his shoulder and glares right at me.

This guy literally has the audacity to glare—at me.

If that's not ridiculous enough he has the balls to give me a vindictive smirk before he turns his head back around. Basically giving me a big fat fuck you, I got what you want.

That is the very moment I decide to get out of my truck with a slam of the door, making people turn and look at me.

"Nate what the fuck are you doing?" Heather yell whispers at me as she gets out of her boyfriends truck and fast walks over to me.

"What's it look like I'm doing?" I begin to walk off and she quickly grabs my hand.

"Nate—leave Bex alone. I get you're being a protective big brother to her but knock it off. You're going to piss her off enough and she'll end up kicking your ass," she warns me but I shake her off of me, my eyes glued to where Bex and James are walking.

I watch as they get closer to the line for the concession stands and my heart nearly stops when I see James grab Bex's arm roughly and leads her towards the bathrooms instead.

I would think maybe Bex had to use the bathroom but when I noticed the surprised expression on her face, I know he's forcing her to go with him.

What the fuck is he doing and why isn't she fighting him off?