CHAPTER 4 - Birthday Mix (Part I)

Start from the beginning

       Of course, all the higher ups knew about me, my gender and my past, so now the only ones that didn't know where the rest of the staff, trainees and "the boys" aka TXT and BTS. I had met TXT a couple of times, and even escorted them to the mall with Moon 2 times, they were great boys and I liked talking with them. The BTS guys.....well....things were different with those.

       Namjoon, Jin and Taehyung would always greet me with big smiles, they would make sure to tell me how hard they were working and for me to keep up my hard work, which I thought that was really cute and I would always answer them back, Taehyung would even go out of his way sometimes just to talk to me. He was always so cheerful and happy that I would put my hands in the fire as he was the brightest ball of fluff in there....until he introduced me to Hoseok.

       He is such a ray of sunshine, whenever he passes by he has a smile on his face, when I pass their practice room he has a smile even if he is all sweaty and out of breath, and not fake smiles you can see they are really genuine.

       Jin came to talk with Moon lots of times during their breaks since they were both the same age and got along really well. He was also very sweet to me and I swear to god he would never fail at making me laugh with his weird dad jokes, or because I somehow found them funny or because he would start laughing of his own joke....and there is no way in hell that I can listen to that windshield wiper laugh without laughing along.

       There was also Jimin and Yoongi. The older one I saw sometimes but we never really talked, since he was always tired or working and seemed to be a bit closed as well. The shortest one was wayyyy more open and easy to talk too, but unfortunately he would cling to Jungkook side almost all the time, which made me avoid him. Tho I have to be honest, after seeing him in real life up close and talk to him a couple of times, I could tell why Moon said what he did about him turning every guy around him gay, I mean.....come oooooooooon! And the fact that he was always flirting, even tho it was in joke mode with the other boys, their staff and other securities they knew, didn't make it easier for me.

       I did my usual morning routine and left my house with the uniform already dressed, tho this time instead of going straight to work I stopped at a coffee shop nearby. I sat next to the window so the shy sun that would peek between the clouds from time to time could warm my body, and asked for a cup of coffee and a piece of cake. Yes, I know it's not the most healthy breakfast, but today was a special day, so I thought I at least deserved a slice of cake.

       I thanked the waitress when she brought me the piping hot mug with coffee and my slice of red fruit cheesecake, my favorite. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that I had almost 1 hour left for my shift to start so I started eating slowly, closing my eyes as the sweet flavor of the cake and cheese clashed with the acid of the red fruits in this perfect harmony letting out a low moan, I haven't had cake in ages.

       "Damn Hyung, I guess we should have asked for the cheesecake instead, seems to be great" A voice right next to me said making me jump in surprise and choke on the piece of cake I was eating starting to cough while my hand covered my mouth to avoid any kind of food projectiles to fly away.

       "Yah, see what you did Jimin-ah?!" Jin scolded him while putting his food down on my table and reaching behind me to tap my back lightly until I stopped coughing.

       "T-Thank you" I answered with my voice even more raspy than usual and blinked a couple of times to dissipate the tears that started forming on my eyes, Jin gave me a warm smile and I felt something cold touch my neck from the other side, turning to see Yoongi pressing a water bottle against my skin.

       "Drink some, it will help the food go down and soothe the throat" He said with the bottle still stretched out to me but his eyes glued to his phone like nothing was happening.