» [42] Spectrum of Feelings «

a/n: hi guys! below when I switch to Zayn's POV; just a heads up. there's like one sentence in there that may possibly be triggering so please. read with caution. i tried to make it as less obvious as possible but just a heads up. shit's bout to craaaay. i know i keep saying that but still. lol. enjoy :)

december 24 

Hell might break loose, I frowned at this as my mind pictured flames being ignited in a room full of filing cabinets and metal desks; like that one episode in Spongebob? Something stupid like that.

"And I'm the one talking crazy here," even though I was just thinking about a cartoon show in my head, I let that slide.
Harry rolled his eyes at me and pushed back his curls before shoving my hand off of his shoulder. "It's really annoying when you don't take me seriously."
My mouth dropped open a little as I hit him playfully just before he turned his back to me and walked into his kitchen again. "I do take you seriously."
"No Maci, frankly you don't so I don't even know why I bother giving you advice."
"I just think it's pushing it when you take it that far--" Harry peeked his head around the corner as whatever he was cooking in the kitchen sizzled for the last time. He stared me down in complete seriousness. "I don't know what these last few months have taught you about Zayn but apparently its been nothing or else you would know that lurking around his past is probably one of the biggest mistakes you could make when it comes to him."
I raised my eyebrow at him. "Other than making him a dad?"
He shut his mouth quickly and I could tell he was holding in a laugh, so he quickly whipped his head back into the kitchen, disappearing from view as I sat back down on his sofa. Moments later after some clanging in the room he appeared with a big plate of eggs, sausages and silverware in one hand, and two glasses of water in the other. Plopping down just in front of me he handed me a glass of water which I gulped down quickly. He passed me a fork to which I politely declined, knowing food wouldn't do me good right now. "Well he doesn't know that yet, does he?"
I shook my head. "I think I told him before--" I paused and caught myself here because I don't even think Harry had any clue as to what had happened before I was injected with something, waking up some hours later, or so I assumed, tied to a bed with Derek threatening me out of his ass. He had taken a bite of the sausage and chewed it quietly, waiting for me to continue even though I stopped abruptly and refused to say anything else, my eyes glancing this way and that hoping he didn't notice the slightest bit. Harry however saw right through it and after gulping his food down he spoke up.
"Before what?"
Um, before he completely lost memory of everything we'd ever done together? I gave him a small smile like I had no clue what he was talking about. "Uh, you know--"
"Exactly," he tilted his chin up and off to the side as he glared me down. "You still haven't told me what happened," he cut the scrambled eggs in half on his plate as he placed the fork into his mouth. "Which is why I've come to the presumption, regardless of the fact there's a high possibility you're carrying his child, that you love him."

My breath hitched as my heart skipped a beat in my chest, my fingers digging themselves into the cushion of his sofa without even having to think about it. Harry watched my reaction closely with attentive, almost analytical eyes and when I gave him the expression he expected he flashed me a small smile and washed down his food with a small drink. Licking his lips, he set the fork down onto the plate. "Okay to be fair I was only kidding but from the looks of it I could be right."
I blinked my eyes quickly to go along with the fact that I knew he was joking around, even though I knew better. "You're such an ass," I kicked him in the ankle to which he did nothing but laugh at, his shoulders rising up and down just slightly.

 "You're such an ass," I kicked him in the ankle to which he did nothing but laugh at, his shoulders rising up and down just slightly