» [28] Do You Know Who I Am? «

november 24 

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a bunch of white and at first, I thought I had somehow miraculously died from alcohol poisoning but I laid on my left side and after a few more seconds of struggling to get my eyes open completely, I realized that wherever the hell I was there was a shit ton of white. So much white that it almost seemed too bright if I was being honest. And the sun seeping through the white linen curtains that draped over these giant glass windows wasn't helping either.

It wasn't too long after that that I had concluded where I was actually at.

I sat up and soon realized it was probably the worst thing I could've done at the moment because out of nowhere my entire head began throbbing and my stomach felt like it was at the back of my throat, which burned like a bitch when I tried to swallow. I slowly laid back down on the bed and closed my eyes again, trying to remember what I did last night to get to where I was at.

Okay. There was a guy. Liam? Yeah, Liam. I nodded to myself as if I needed even an ounce of convincing.

And then it all hit me.

After I took that last shot, and remembering how awful it went down my throat my stomach gurgled at the thought but I shook it away trying to regain memory of what happened after that. Just bits and pieces of me grabbing his hand and getting into a car with leather seats and the next thing I knew I threw myself on him thinking the entire time it was a dream. Clothes were ripped off and the door shut behind us and then we were on the floor, on the bed, on top of the god damn dresser even? I opened my eyes and stared straight ahead of me, observing a watch with my wallet and phone sitting just atop the surface of the black bureau. Anything that happened after that completely disappeared from my head but as my senses started to return, I felt the sour taste in my mouth and heard the shower shut off. With wide eyes I glanced down at my body and realized I had on the same white shirt Liam was wearing last night and I sort of relaxed a little because this confirmed that I had gone back to his place with him, but at the same was I really concerned at all right now?

The answer was obviously no. My head hurt way too much even with me sitting here trying to extort out anything I could remember.

A door opened to my right and with some distress turning over, I observed a man walking out of what I assumed was the bathroom, a white towel wrapped around the lower half of his body, his skin wet, his arms inked, and his eye contact parallel with mine. It was quiet for a second or so before he grinned.

"Good morning," he said while running his hand through his hair, spiking it back a little. He made his way over to the center of the room and stood directly at the end of the bed, which to my knowledge had the most softest sheets I'd ever laid on.
"Um," I said, a little distracted to how many back muscles this guy had.
"If you need to head back I can take you," he slid his watch on and turned around to look at me while leaning back against the dresser. "Or can even take you out for a quick bite."
I blinked a few times and shut my eyes tight just for a brief moment as I sat back up in the bed, the aching in my head now moving to the area just behind my eyes. Glancing at him again I found he was beaming back at me with the same look in his eyes from last night that somehow convinced my under the influence self to head home with him. However, the room I was in now was clearly at some fancy ass hotel so obviously, this Liam guy had money. I continued to look at him for just a bit longer to see if he was being sarcastic at all but he didn't let up once and instead sat there, waiting for an answer. 

"Liam, right?" I asked although I knew that was his name.
"Maci, right?" He played back.
I laughed uncomfortably, though the atmosphere between us was as relaxed as ever. "Listen," I tilted my head off to the side as the headache now shifted to the back of my head, "this was just you know, a one night thing. I've never really had one before so--"
"Oh believe me, I know," he laughed softly and crossed his arms in front of his chest and naturally, as a girl who was looking at a very handsome man, my gaze moved down to his arms. "You kept calling me Zayn last night. Not sure if I should be offended but I've been called worse before."