» [3] Expectations «

A/N: hello :) hope you're enjoying the story so far, but I'd (highly) suggest (although you don't have to) to play the youtube video as soon as you see the words holy deja vu (i'll even put a little thing before it) only just because it'll give you a better feel of the story, and definitely continue to play it until the end of the chapter. :) enjoy xo

september 5: 

It was around nine in the morning when I'd left my dorm. Gina had already left for her morning classes and Mel was still sleeping, claiming that her classes were in the afternoon the night before.

I had spent some time just walking around the campus, getting to know the surroundings and building that feeling of familiarity with the place.

Tristan told me about this small cafe by the entrance, and I was surprised I didn't see it when I drove into the campus the first day. He also added that he would take me there, specifically today, but I didn't think he'd be up at this time of the morning.

I opened the door of the dorm building and walked outside, to be greeted by a cold breeze. It smelled like fall, and it looked like it as well. The trees had turned into the marvelous colors of red, orange, yellow, brown that varied from lighter to darker shades, and were slowly falling off the branches.

I stepped through pine cones and broken sticks when I found the cement ground.

My dorm building wasn't quite too far from the cafe, fortunately, but it took me about ten minutes to get there. Though I was walking at a slow pace.

I didn't even like coffee. I swore to myself I wouldn't drink it, ever, not until I was an adult and worked in some building and had my own small office with stacks of paper scattered around. But I had my first cup around my senior year in high school, and to be honest, yeah. It did keep me awake.

I pulled open the glass doors of the cafe the same time someone was walking out.

We ran straight into each other and I flinched and did this thing where I take in a sharp breath and shut my eyes tightly. Of course, I opened them right away, the same time I backed away from the person I rammed into. My eyes landed on their white shirt which had a large brown stain just under the chest, and in their hand sat a large coffee, that had the drink seeping out of the hole, onto their hand, then dripping to the ground.

"For fucks sake--"

Then we made eye contact. And he didn't look happy. At all.

Are you--is this seriously happening?

Zayn.

It was non other than Zayn Malik himself. Fuck.

Of course, I took action right away. "I'm so sorry--"

And it wasn't long when he spoke. "Watch where you're going."

Holy déjà vu.

(and hello its me again, yeah just play that youtube video, unless you prefer reading on without music, but if you do decide to play it, make sure to play it continiously (meaning that if it stops lol click the replay button) until the end of the chapter. but once again, it's all up to you) 

Except this time, it wasn't just his fault, but it was mine as well.

I frowned at him, and dug into my purse for tissues, a napkin, anything to help him clean up. "I said I'm sorry--"

"Christ--what's with you following me?"

I ripped open a small package of Kleenex and looked up at him. "You've got to be kidding me." Does he seriously want to go back to this?