» [22] The Irony «

hi!! author here; just a little note before I begin the chapter to let you know it does get quite steamy at the end.

october 23

sometime after 4:30 pm but not past 5:00 pm

I honestly wanted to smack myself, because after all I had gone through just to leave that shitty dank place with the smell of rotting metal I was literally back in the same position, again. And for some stupid reason it was like fate really did not have this planned in mind; like, 'oh Zayn and Maci? Yeah let's just put a little something here and there and make sure this never turns out good' kind of deal. It's like even God himself looked at us like sinners and that we just weren't ever meant to have some sort good ordeal; not one thing could go right as soon as the two of us crossed paths. If my dumbass had just avoided him in the first place then we honestly, I honestly would not be here right now but back at university stressing over some stupid exam.

But who am I kidding; just looking at Zayn himself made me feel like I was in the presence of some god. He was literally that beautiful and I would be stupid to have avoided him that day.

But it still didn't change the fact that I wanted to smack myself. I didn't want to call Zayn stupid because he wasn't, but if he hadn't been acting like he was oblivious to the fact that his best mate was also the one wanting his head, then who can really blame me?

I stood sort of behind Zayn, trying to watch and feel his every move because there was no way I could sneak a glance at his face to observe his expression without startling Derek to the point where he could accidentally pull the trigger or something. All in all I was terrified, but as I slowly slid my hand to Zayn's elbow I could feel his pulse. My thumb over his skin I sensed he wasn't scared at all, but rather quite shocked if anything. I mean he hadn't even put his hands up to surrender to Derek.

"Derek, mate, what are you doing?"
"Don't ask stupid questions Zayn. What the fuck does it look like?"
"It looks like you're pointing a gun at me, yeah, but I mean what the actual fuck are you doing? Are you working for him?"
Derek scoffed and I glanced over Zayn's shoulder to peek at him. "You can't be this stupid. You honestly--"
"I honestly think," Zayn's shoulders rose a little as he sighed, "that it's a tad bit ridiculous that the one who's been there for me since I was ten has been actually hunting me down all these years," Zayn took a slow step forward and I heard a loud click coming from the object Derek held in his hands and grimaced, waiting for the impact but never receiving one.
The one with the green eyes glanced at the other who was slowly making his way towards him and looked as if he was either about to step back or move that index finger of his. His eyes danced upon his figure with a hint of confusion gleaming in them. "Unbelievable."
"Excuse me?"
Derek shook his head, his hair falling this way and that atop his scalp. A sneer played at his lips just shortly before he smacked them together. "You have no idea what I'm even talking about, do you?"
My gaze moved back to Zayn who now held his hands innocently beside his body though never leaving his side. "If I did, we wouldn't be in this position now would we?" He took another wary step towards Derek and I sort of cringed as I noticed a vein pop out on the side of his neck.
"Watch it."
"Watch what? You honestly going to shoot me mate?" Without even having to look at him I could tell he was smirking somewhat with that playful voice of his.
"If you only fucking knew."
"Mate, c'mon, if it was anything this bad you know I would've remembered it."
"Shut up! You have no idea what the hell you've even done, have you?"
"Derek, I'm your best mate. Anything that I did to piss you off this bad I didn't mean it, I swear."
"I'm still going to shoot you."

They went about this for a while and continued to do so and I stood in the back, trying to think of something Zayn had done to make Derek this mad at him.