"Yeah, twenty-one is a lot better, then you can actually buy beer."

Her eyes widen, giving him a fake look of excitement. "Whoo, the age of drinking and passing out cold...can't wait."

He nods with a smile, not noting her sarcasm. "Right on."

Her eyes widen in irritation as she face out towards the crowd once again.

He turns to her once again. "So-"

To Dani's relief, Nick walks up and interrupts Justin's sentence, putting his arm around her with a smile. "Finally! I've been looking all over for you." He looks over at Justin with a slight scowl.

Justin gives Nick a look before looking back at Dani with a small forced smile. "Whoa, taken, Got it. Catch you later, dudes and dudettes." He gives one more suggestive smirk to Dani before turning and walking off.

She sighs in relief and turns back to Nick, glancing at his arm around her shoulder and shrugging it off with disgust. "I don't know if I should thank you or slap you."

"How about a birthday kiss?" He turns his cheek towards her but she just rolls her eyes.  

"It's my birthday."

"Okay, so I'll give you the kiss then." He smirks and starts to lean forward but she instinctively places her hand over his face.

Nick laughs. "I can't believe you didn't invite me to your party! Some friend you are."

"Uh...number one; we're not friends! Number two; you're not the only one who would've liked to be informed about this little...get together." She looks back at the crowd of people and takes a sip of her drink.

"Oh, I see...Adam sprung this on you." He says with a smirk before looking at her in confusion. "Doesn't he know you hate birthday's?"

She sighs. "That he does." She takes another large gulp of her drink.

His eyes widen as a small smirk appears on his face. "Wow, talk about a bad birthday gift." She nods lightly while looking out at the crowd. He smirks and pulls a small box out of his back pocket, holding it out in front of her. She looks at it with confusion then back up at Nick. He smiles sweetly and urges her to take the small box. "Happy birthday."

She smiles and sets down her drink before taking the box and opening it she stares down at the two earrings shaped like school books for a minute before looking up at Nick in confusion. "Book shaped earrings?"

"Yeah...you know...cause you tutor me, it's symbolic."

She chuckles and looks down at the box, shaking her head. She looks back up at Nick with a smile. "This is a really horrible gift."

He laughs and shakes his head before looking back at her with a smile. "Yeah, I know. But it's the thought that counts, right?"

She chuckles and nods, taking the earrings out of the box. She puts them on one at a time and looks at Nick, turning her head from side-to-side so he can see them. "How do they look?"

"They look like someone with really bad gift-giving skills gave them to you on your birthday and now you are forced to wear them."

She laughs and gives him a sincere smile. "Thank you."

He nods with a smile and stares at her for a moment.

She is still smiling at him when she hears voice come in over the speakers.

Scarlett is standing at the back of the room, talking into the microphone. "Hello? Can I get everyone's attention?" She smiles and waves slightly. "Hi. I just want to thank all of you for coming and most importantly, I want to wish Danielle Audrey Landon a very happy eighteenth birthday." She smiles over at Dani at the side of the room as every claps and turns to face her. "Okay. Now, it's time for a very special birthday gift from Dani's best friend, Joseph Adam." She claps along with everyone else and walks off the small stage as Joe walks up with his guitar.