Chapter Twelve

Daddy and Liam decided to take us back to the car so we could get food. Harry didn't seem to know but I think that was because he was to busy staring at me. I swished my tail on his face as he smiled catching up to my side.

Harry twirled his tail with mine and I smiled to myself before hearing a cry. I stopped and looked around. The sound was coming from a little Neko sitting by himself in the middle of the playground.

My eyes softened as I curved through Harry and Daddy towards the kitten. It looked around with tears running down its face and scared cries coming from its mouth.

"Kitten..." I muttered crawling up to it. It slowly looked up at me as I sat in front of it. It sniffled and panted heavy breaths as I leant my head down. The kitten whimpered beginning to cry again.

I frowned rubbing my face against his. His cries quietened as I purred beside him. My hands came around and I picked him up. He pouted his trembling bottom lip and I pulled him into my chest. The kitten gripped my shirt as I looked around.

A hand touched my shoulder and I shot my head up to see Liam. He smiled warmly at me and then looked down at the kitten. "Is he lost?" I shrugged before nodding and looked around.

"Baby!" We heard a cry and looked up to see a woman call. I blinked back and saw the kitten perk his little ears up looking around.

"MA!" He called and the woman stopped. "MAMA!" The kitten called and the woman eventually landed her eyes on us. They widen before she ran over and knelt down. The kitten was eager to be in her embrace as she kissed around its face.

"Oh I missed you! You made mummy so worried." The woman stood up and walked off as I frowned a bit.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

"Come on Grace. The kitten founds its family." Liam encouraged me away as I sighed turning and crawling back. Coming back over to Daddy, he knelt down and smiled lightly at me. His hand came up and he stroked my hair before he stood up.

"Let's go."

. . .

"Here." Daddy handed Harry and I chippies as we sat beside the table. Harry curled against my side as he nibbled on his food. His hands began to rub my tail as I ate at my food.

"Did you see what Grace did in the park with that kitten?"

"Yeah. Yeah I saw." Daddy answered.

"She's definitely going to be a great mother!" My ears perked up as Daddy 'shhed' him.

"Don't speak so loudly. People will hear." I blinked back swallowing my food now looking over at Harry.

Did Daddy... want me to be a mummy? I bit my lip as Harry rubbed his face against mine making me look over at him. He lightly purred as I frowned watching him.

And did he want me to be a mummy... with Harry?