Chapter Eight

"Harry?" I whispered as he looked up scrunching his face. He slowly leant back and looked down at me. His hands felt over over my face and shoulders. He then let out a shaky breath and pulled me into his embrace. And for once, I wanted it.

My hands came around and gripped his shirt around his back as I put my face on his collarbone.

Harry protected me. It wasn't from much but he still did.

"No Liam. I can't... I'm busy today. Taking them out. Yes them. I got a new Neko. I thought you knew this. Well I did. But what? Liam! Don't blame Zayn for this! You had just as much choice! God... yeah. See you soon." Then it went quiet.

I pulled away and watched as Daddy stomped into the room. Crawling back to the corner, I knew better than to get in Daddy's way when he was angry.

The first and last time I got in his way, he kicked me. He apologized straight afterwards and showed me he regretted what he did. He was so angry and I was in the way. It was my fault really. But now I know not to get in his way.

Pulling Harry's tail, he looked back as I kept him from Daddy's fury. I don't want him going through the same experience.

Daddy took the bread from the bench and pulled out the toaster before slamming it onto the counter. Harry flinched and Daddy took deep breaths while shoving bread into the toaster.

"Bloody hell." Once Daddy pushed the button down and took a breather , he looked around until he remembered we were here. "Oh." He turned to us and Harry clutched to me staring up at him with weary eyes. Daddy's eyes softened as he squatted down. "I'm sorry. I got a bit mad then." He held a hand out and Harry didn't move but I advanced towards Daddy.

Daddy's hand stroked my hair as he kissed my forehead.

"Daddy's sorry." I nodded putting my hands on his chest.

"Da." Harry muttered crawling over. He looked at me and up at Daddy.

"Daddy's sorry sweetheart. I didn't want to scare you." I put a hand on Harry's arm and he flinched looking at me. I smiled leaning in and rubbed my face against his. He gasp quietly at my gesture before returning it.

The toast popped and Daddy stood up dealing with our food.

"You two can wait in the lounge room if you'd like." I took Harry's hand and pulled him into the television room. Harry seemed pretty surprised at the attention I was giving him but he didn't seem to want me to stop.

We came into the room and I jumped up onto the couch. Harry followed and smiled at me. I scratched my ear and he stared smiling happily at me. Looking over with a raised eyebrow, Harry suddenly smirked and his ears went flat as he crouched.

I silently whimpered and scooted away from him. He flexed his fingers before pouncing on me. I screamed as he began to tickle my sides and brush his curls in my neck.

Beginning to laugh, I tried pushing him away though he chuckled biting my ear and tugging at it. Oh. So he wanted to play did he?