Chapter One

{Grace's POV}

"Grace!" I hear Daddy call my name and smiled walking up the hall. My hands slid along the walls and I glanced back to see my tail sway behind me. Getting to the lounge room, I saw Daddy standing up looking at the television.

"Daddy!" Daddy slowly turned his head around and smiled widely at me. My ears perked up and I giggled crawling over the back of the couch. Daddy caught me as I fell forward and spun me around. I laughed loudly and Daddy joined holding me tightly against him.

My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck with my face on his shoulder.

"I love you baby girl." He missed my hairline and I gripped the collar of his shirt grinning to myself. Swaying us side to side for a few minutes, he spoke afterwards. "Let's sit down." He plopped down on the couch and I fell into his lap.

His hand came up and rubbed the back of my ear as my eyes softened and my head lay sidewards on his chest. I was a sucker for ear scratches. I calmed to the sound of Daddy's heart beat as he watched me.

"I wanna talk to you Grace." I nodded listening to Daddy. "We've been together for a very long time haven't we?"

"Yes Daddy." I muttered.

"And I've been home a lot more often haven't I?" I just nodded in response. "So I've been thinking... you're my life baby girl. My everything." He wrapped his arms tightly around my body as my tail curled around in his lap. Daddy's lips lingered on my forehead before he spoke. "But I won't always be enough for you Grace and I want what's best for you. So I've made a choice."

He sat me beside him as he stood up. I looked up at him from the couch and he leant a hand down pushing hair from my face.

"I'm going to get you a friend to keep you company." My eyes widened as I sat up quickly. My lips trembled as he picked up his wallet from the coffee table. "So I want you to stay here. And when I get back I'll have you a friend." I whimpered jumping up and hugging Daddy tightly around his waist.

"S-stay." I choked out. He can't get me a friend. He'll love them more than me. But Daddy's my life as well so that can't happen. "Daddy..."

"You're ok baby girl. I won't be long." He kissed my forehead before grabbing his keys from his pocket. I watched quietly as Daddy made his way to the front door. My fingers gripped the couch tightly as he turned giving a final wave.

The door shut and I turned watching the television waiting for Daddy to return. I don't want to disappoint Daddy but I didn't want another Neko. It's been Daddy and I since I was a kitten. Why do I need a friend now?

I sat back into the couch and let my tail rest over my lap. My ears went flat as I huffed. Waiting.

[Edited] Mummy Nouis xxx