I need you

Dereks pov

I cant help but let my mind wander as Cassie looks through the different bottles. Something felt off, my veela screamed for my mate but she was right here. I whine, my head spinning. Looking down, I try to catch my breath.

My chest felt empty as my Veela screams for my mate. I growl, yanking Cassie to me, wrapping my arms around her. She lets out a shocked noise as I hold her against my body, burying my nose in her neck. It slightly soothed the dizzying pain but my Veela paused.

Mate...?

I whine as confusion hits me. Cassie is my mate she should soothe this pain. Maybe I need more? Anything- anything -to stop this pain. I kiss her neck gently, letting one of my hands squeeze her ass and she breaks out of my hold.

"What has gotten into you?" She frowns at me and I squeeze my chest. "Hurts, I need you." I barely manage to squeeze out and Cassie looks concerned. She glances around before taking my hand and pulling me along.

With the amount of pain I felt I didnt know or care where she dragged me, letting her sit me down. "Cassie." I sob, clawing at my chest as the pain intensifies. "Im so sorry, Derek, but I need you in my life."

"Wha-" Cassie presses something to my lips and tips my head back. I drink it instinctively, swallowing it all. The pain eases as the world hazes out at the corners. All I could see was Cassie. My perfect Cassie. She wipes at my lips before sighing deeply.

"I'm just tired, lets go to the hotel." Cassie takes my hand and i get up, following her. "Is it an I want sex but wont say it outloud tired or actual tired?" I joke,bumping her shoulders.

Cassie doesn't look at me when she laughs, and shes too tense under my arms. "Like I said earlier, it was a long flight."

I must've fallen asleep on the ride to the hotel because I open my eyes to Cassie unbuckling my seat belt for me. "I got our cards and they're getting our bags. Let's go." She sighs as she steps away and starts walking towards the hotel.

I rush to follow, taking a few moments to fall in step with her. Glancing down at her, her face as pinched in a frown.

I try to take her hand but she brushes the gesture away and put some space between us. I look down at her again but she pointedly ignores me, her gaze locked straight ahead.

I wait until we get in the elevator before I turn to her. "What's wrong?"

Cassie slowly meets my eyes with a deep sigh. "Are you happy? Like do I make you happy?"

I take her hands in mine and this time she let's me as I stare deeply into her eyes.  "Of course I'm happy, you're my mate." I try to reassure her but that only makes her frown deeper.

"What if I wasn't your mate? Would I still make you happy?" Her voice cracks and I frown at her heartbroken expression. "You've always made me happy." Cassie yanks her hand away from me.

"No! God what did I even do? What do you even remember?" She steps away from me as I reach for her again.

"Cassie, what're you even talking about?" I try again and she shakes her head. "Why do I always ruin this? Why cant I enjoy you?"

"Cassie, what're you talking about?"

"I have something stronger maybe that'll work. Maybe he was steal you from me again. Maybe I'll be able to make you happy again."

"Cassie, calm down you sound insane."

"I'm just in love with you! I cant loose you." She sobs as she digs through her pockets. "Cassie, I love you, you need to know I'm never leaving."

"I found it!" She pulls out a vial full of...soot? And a metal bracelet with a familiar seal. "Cassie...i-is that what I think it is? Listen, you're my mate, I cant live without you. You dont need to do that, I-I-its wron-" Cassie throws the soot in my face and my head spins.

I hear the bracelet clink into place as I fell into darkness.