Bella

Jacobs pov

3 weeks. Three amazing weeks of getting to know my mate. I've somehow managed to avoid Bella, maybe because she's wrapped up with Edward. I flip through the channels as Derek sleeps, his head on my thigh.

Hes been resting pretty often now but both him and Sam insist its nothing to be worried about. Derek tells me he'll explain it to me on my 18th birthday, so its easy to assume the reason is sex related. Afterall, they both made sure that I couldn't be around him for a whole week in a few days.

I run my fingers threw Derek's hair, staring more at him then my television. As I relax, the sound of Bellas truck breaks the peaceful state I fell into. I gently move, replacing my leg with a pillow from my couch, careful not to wake Derek.

I slip out the door silently just as Bella parks, the door closing softly behind me. I watch my best friend storm out of her truck, determination in her eyes as she stomps her way to me. "Jacob Black! Where have you been?"

I glance at my door. "Outside of patrols I've been home."

"You haven't spoken to me since Edward came back." Bella crosses her arms, glaring up at me in a way I used to find adorable.

"I've been busy, Bells." I shrug awkwardly. "I imprinted."

Bella stares at me for a few moments with a blank expression. "So you just thought you could leave me?"

What?

"What do you mean leave you? Bella, we were-" I cut myself off when the door slams open, a nearly glowing Derek glares at Bella. He took off his shirt, showing off his smooth skin and the sweatpants he wore were low on his hips.

I lick my lips, my eyes glued to him and Derek smirked knowingly, an eyebrow raised at her. "Wolfie, Im cold. Come back to bed? Why speak to this bland girl?" His voice is deep and smooth as always, with a faint accent that I still can't place.

"Who are you?" I don't bother looking at her, staring at my mate. "Derek. The mate." Derek smiles almost threateningly, his sharp gaze glued to Bella. "Ella, was it? Hm. Jacob never mentioned you. Odd." I open my mouth to correct him but I'm beat to the punch.

"Bella." Her tone is flat and harsh before I feel a soft hand on my shoulder. Derek growls at her as I turn to face her. I remember when I'd crave that touch.

"Call me later." She sighs before leaving, Derek coming behind me. He presses my back against his front, kissing my shoulder as Bella turns to wave goodbye to me.

I whimper under his attention, suddenly hit with a heavy wave of lust. As soon as her truck pulls away Derek slowly pulls away from me anf i meet his eyes. They have a silver shine to them now and he looks furious. "Don't like her." He growls before storming off.

"Babe..."

I move to follow him but he hisses as me dangerously, my wolf telling me to give Derek his space. I watch him storm off before sighing. Cant anything be easy?