Puberty

Derek's pov

The further away from Jacob, the more distorted the world became. I could feel my stomach turn and ache, my inner Veela stronger then ever before. It didnt know if rushing into the shifters arms would be best, or ripping the head off the silly human that pulled on my mates heartstrings.

The world spun as I stumble to the beach, overwhelming me until I could separate up from down. With Veela screaming to kill or stake my claim, my weak legs give out and sand digs into my skin. Something was horrifyingly wrong, and I didnt have the energy to figure it out.

I blink when soft hands hoist me up, Cassie helping me off the beach as Sam was speaking. Hunger courses through me so intense, I couldn't focus on anything more then the pulsing lust under the surface of Cassies emotions. 

I latch on to it, fully prepared to feed but when I do the sense of dread fills me. My Veela would not allow it. I try to stop it, but my Veela makes me sick, I vomited rather violently before falling limp.

Cassie's and Sam's concerned faces are all I see before blacking out.
...
...
...
..

Cool smoke circling my legs as I look around the empty room- or more like space. There was no walls I could make out, simply an unnerving feeling of cold emptiness surrounding me. "Hello." A smooth voice echos, reminding me of my own voice just more...ethereal?

Lounging across from me was myself-or rather my Veela half. "I'm not your Veela half. I'm you, Derek. All these years you try to keep us separate, without acknowledging the fact that I may be part of the reason you are you." He sighs, his hair shimmering as he shakes his head.

"What?" I frown at the implication, moving to the seat across from him.

"We are a result of everything in our lives, the good, bad, and middle. We are shaped by what we know, and you know I am a part of you. All these years, running from me, from your fate. Its ironic that the mate you refused to search for is the one to make us inseparable."

I sigh at his vague reply and my other half laughs at my frustration. "You dont understand? Allow me to clarify. You rejected your mate and your instincts for a toxic relationship that only hurt you. Yes, you recieved the love you had wanted, at what cost? The cost of your nature, culture, mental health. You gave up the unconditional and consistent love you were made for to choice a conditional, jealous love of a woman whom would never love you how you need. You spent your youth ignoring me and your nature, fearing your future mate without knowing what you were scarificing."

"Derek, you were a half Veela, a beautiful free spirited creature with an astonishing culture and an endless amount of love to give but you pushed it away to be more human for Cassie. Now you have no choice but to accept your nature and your mate or you will go mad." He leans back, allowing me time to respond. "Only full blooded Veela have to accept their mate or go mad." I whisper, it was my only response.

I couldn't say he was lying, I threw everything away for a toxic woman.

"Well, why do you think that you feel differently? Derek, my other half, to survive the sticky situation you were in, you evolved. You're now a full Veela, going into your inheritance. You're sixteen again. This is your last chance- use it wisely."

When I go to ask more, he vanishes, the cold smoke in his place.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Gasping awake, I stare into Cassie's eyes as she fusses over my state. I push her hand away, looking to Sam. "I need Jacob."