Waking up

Dereks pov

The soft smell of french toast is the first thing I notice and the second is the fresh smell of my mate. I let out a happy noise and slowly stretch without opening my eyes.

I let myself rest a moment before I open my eyes and see one of Jacobs shirts covering my pillow. I can't help but to jump up and attempt to run off the bed. Attempt.

Instead, I fall face first to the ground with a loud thump, blankets tangled securely around my legs. I groan out in pain as I think about just staying here in defeat rather then move. I probably could have, if not for the fast footsteps I hear rushing to my room.

Jacob bursts in, almost throwing the door off its hinges in haste. His worried and terrified brown eyes met mine as he picks me up from the ground easily. "Are you okay?" He rushes out while he looks me over for injuries.

"Im fine I just fell."

Jacobs eyes light up in amusement but he bites his bottom lip to stop himself from bursting into laughter. I sigh as he puts me on my feet and shrug. "I know you want to laugh, just get it over with."

He stubbornly shakes his head. "I uh...gotta check on breakfast, get dressed." I watch as Jacob rushes back out. As soon as the door closes behind him, the sound of his laughter follows his footsteps and I blush as I quickly get dressed.

I pull on a pair of sweats and the shirt Jacob left on my pillow before rushing to the smell of a warm meal.