Chapter 32

I wake up at 3 am from tossing and turning so much. I'm so awake I don't know what to do with myself. I sigh and put on a sweatshirt and jump out my window. The roof always seems to calm me down. I sit on the slab and sigh blinking a couple times at the loud noises around me. I wince as I feel a sharp pain in my wrist. I must have hit it on something because it's swelling up again. I move my head around trying to get rid of the loud shuffles of the city. Doors slamming, car alarms going off, dogs barking, guns firing, and so much more. It's like I don't just hear Queens I hear everywhere in the world. I start trying to make figure eights on the back of my hand but it's not working. Part of me starts to wonder if Peter can feel me freaking out like he normally does. I begin to wonder if he's dead or not. I groan again as pain in my shoulder and wrist swell up with the noise. I hear people yelling but it's like they are speaking a different language. I drop my arms unable to move, forced to listen to the world around me. I feel like I'm screaming but I can't hear it. Everything else is too loud even to hear myself think. I try to blink it all away but like everything else, it doesn't work. I feel like the guy in Get Out as tears stream down my face, but I can't hear any sound coming from me. I feel a sharp pain in my back from the scar that there. I wince and groan, at least I think I groan I can't tell over the sound of the river crashing up against a dam and beaver made. I don't know if that here in New York, but it's somewhere and I'm picking up on it. I hear explosions, coughing, and crying. I try to look around but I end up closing my eyes and I feel myself slide off the cement slab and lay on the softer gravel. The last thing I remember hearing is a random female voice "thank you Spider-Man, were been searching for him," she says as I blackout for the second time that week.

I feel myself waking up, but once again I'm afraid to open my eyes. I feel something wrapped around me. It's warm and fuzzy, must be a blanket, or a large cat. I shift and begin hearing things. "She was up on the roof May, I couldn't leave her there," I hear Peter say softly.

"Peter you were just complaining about how she quit on you and now you are protecting her again?" May retorts back. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

"May it's not like that," Peter says quickly. I suddenly realize he is doing figure eights on my hand.

"It looks like it might be more than you think," May says. I open my eyes a little and see the back of Peter's head. We are in a bedroom, His I assume from all the random star wars crap around. May is standing in the doorway, but I can barely see her. "Don't have her here long, her dad is probably worried sick," May says.

"I'll call him in an hour," Peter says not moving.

"No, call him now, let him know Spider-Man saves the day again," May says. He nods as she leaves the doorway. I see him grab what seems to be my phone from his bedside table. He presses a button and puts it to his ear.

"Is this Stella's father?" He asks in a deep voice. "Yes sir, this is Spider-Man letting you know that she is safe and will be home soon," he is silent but doesn't hang up. "Yes sir, I promise she is safe and unharmed," he sighs a little as I open my eyes more and look down at his hand wrapping around mine. His is a little beat up around the knuckles but it's warm and comforting. "Uh I found her passed out, outside a party," he says awkwardly trying to make up something on the spot. "Oh, well she must have went after you fell asleep sir," he pauses as my dad says something. "Yes sir it is a little below my pay grade," he says dryly. I almost laugh, but want to stay quiet until he is off the phone. He starts running his thumb over the back of my hand and shifts his grip a little. "Thank you sir I will be sure to let her know. Have a spideytastic day!" He says hanging up the phone. He puts it down and sighs. "Why did I say that?"

"Cause your awkward and weird," I say a lot louder than I meant it to be. He jumps losing his grip on me and apparently the bed as he falls to the floor from turning around too quickly.