Chapter 20

In the museum there is a brand new Oscorp exhibit that everyone is fascinated with. I end up being in the back of the pack and I've never felt so uncool in my life, and I wore glasses up until I got powers and was somehow still popular. I read one of the plaques that describes heartbeats and feeling souls or something. I'm not really paying attention because Peter and MJ are always in my line of sight. Also I feel every little touch she feels. I watch as he lets go of her hand and tries to rest his arm around her waist. I can feel his hand faintly on the small of my back as he lets his hand fall as she walks to a different area. I go out of the Oscorp area and look at a big ass dinosaur in the middle of the room. I lean on the ledge from the second floor and sigh. This trip sucks. I shake hand and sort of hit wear I feel his thumb running back and forth. No figure eights though. I listen all around and it all gets louder. I put my AirPods in and try some light music. It helps a lot more than I thought. I walk around and Betty catches up with me. "You feel ignored," is all she says to me. I take my AirPods out and smile at her shaking my head no.

"I don't. I know you and Ned are joined at the hip. You've been like that with every boyfriend," I say. I still feel Peter's hand in mine but I know it's not there.

"I know, but you are still my best friend," Betty says grabbing my hands. I don't feel Peter anymore. "And as your best friend I would like for you to know that you are the best!" She says.

"Am I?"

"Duh, you've been so good to me since I got back with Ned and haven't judged me like other people have."

"Ned's a cool dude," I say a little on the sarcastic side but not enough for her to pick up on it.

"He's not but I appreciate the effort," she says looking over at him as he waves excitedly almost falling as he walks. "He a dork, but so cute!" She smile and runs off towards him. "Neddy bear!" Is all I hear her say. I roll my eyes and see Peter waiting by the bathrooms by himself. I walk over and decide to keep him company.

"Hi Peter," I say lightly. He looks at me and nods his head as a hello. "MJ in the bathroom?" He nods. "That's cool. Mind if I sit with you?"

"I do actually. I don't want to ruin your reputation," he says softly. I look around and see the class has already moved on.

"I think I'll be-

"EVERYONE DOWN ON THE GROUND!" I hear a familiar voice yell. Peter and I both perk up and look out over the ledge. A group of thugs are holding military grade weapons ready to fire. "TAKE US TO THE JEWELS!" The thug yells to the front desk lady who is sobbing out of fear. She does as she's told and we realize the jewels are on the second floor. Right by us. I look around but Peter already ahead of me and brings down a vent as thugs start to spread out holding people at gun point. He climbs in and I jump up after him.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he starts taking his shirt off.

"I'm suiting up!" He says. He suddenly realizes I'm here and gets embarrassed. "Can you turn around?" I give him a confused look.

"I've seen you with your shirt off but okay," I say simply as I turn my head.

"Yeah well I'd rather you not know what I gotta do to get this suit to look good," he says struggling to kick his pants off. I hear him unzip his bag and push a button. After a couple minutes he finally gives me the okay. I turn as he pulls the mask on.

"What now?" I ask. He leaves the back and looks down. There's a thug directly below us.

"You crawl through there tell MJ to stay in the bathroom. I'll take care of Kingpins people," Spider-Man says. I nod and start crawling. I turn back to ask what happens if MJ isn't in the bathroom but it's too late he's already on the floor. I watch has he sedates the thug and flys up to the rafters. I ditch the heat stroke and climb out of the vent and into the bathroom myself.