Chapter 8

"A," happy start slowly. "Suuuiiiittt," He says dragging out every letter as if I'm a four year old.

"Wow you seem awfully grumpy to be called Happy," I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Just put it on."

"I'm not putting that on," I say.

"Spider-Man is in trouble hoodie girl. It's time to step up."

"I'm not hoodie girl anymore," I say frustrated. "And I'm not working with Spider-Man either so could you leave," I say.

"Woah woah woah," Happy says. He's a lot bigger than me, but he moves a little bit when I try to push him out. "I am under strict orders to make sure you consider the possibility of you being a superhero," he explains.

"I thought you didn't work for Spider-Man?"

"I don't," he says loudly right in my face.

"Dude you need to relax you are being ridiculous," I say. He raises his eyebrows at me. "Listen tell Spider-Man that I'm not being apart of this. He can go and get himself killed. I don't want any part of it."

"Listen kid, I would really appreciate if you had a heart for like two seconds," he says to me. I look taken a back but he continues anyway. "Spider-Man asked me personally to come deliver this suit because he is admitting that he can't do this all by himself. He's maturing and he's lost a lot of people from doing this and he willing to put himself out there to reach out and get help. I think you should have a little more compassion in your heart to see the sacrifices he is making right now to his ego," Happy explains. I give him a look like I don't believe he is the type of person to say anything like that, and really neither is Peter. He sighs and puts a hand to his ear. "Spider she ain't buying it," he says. I almost snicker but just get a slight smile.

"What about the part about my ego?" Peter says to Happy.

"Yeah I don't think it worked."

"Peter is the most compassionate person I know. He doesn't care about his ego," I say finally breaking my silence.

"Hey hey, woah, Spider-Man isn't this Peter guy. That you may or may not know," Happy says.

"Happy she knows, stand down," Peter says through the ear piece. I roll my eyes once again.

"I'm not putting on the suit. You are right, Peter has lost a lot of people doing what he does. I'd hate for him to get hurt or killed, but that's part of the job he took. I'm not willing to risk myself out there just because someone gives me a fancy suit that'll make me feel invincible when I'm not," I state. "Neither is Peter," I add after a slight pause. "Besides I'm not trained. I'm never going to be at the same level Peter is and to be honest," I sigh. "I don't know Peter. He's a cool dude and I respect him like crazy for putting on a suit and doing the hero thing, but I'm not his friend. I don't know him. I'm attached to him in anyway, and really I'm not attached to anyone who works for y'all. It's just disappointing these days," I explain.

"Look I'm not supposed to convince you to help him. I'm just supposed to drop the suit off," Happy states. He puts a envelope on top of the suit case then heads towards the door. "Have a nice day," he says with a fake smile then leaves our loft. I look at the box on the counter and see the envelope says my name on it. I pick it up and recognize the handwriting. I've seen it a million and one times this week alone. I rip it open and start reading.

"Stella, by request of Spider-Man I have made this suit for you. I'm not sure what's going on with you and I don't intend on knowing for it has been explained I best not for my own safety. However I hope one day we can sit down and you can trust me enough to let me in your life again. I know I've pushed myself out recently, but I am still overly proud and love you so much. The suit is for you. Though I will know what the suit does and who is under it I still will keep that information to myself and act as though I am clueless. (Given instructions from my higher ups) I love you baby I hope you can make the right choice.
Love Dad."

I sigh, putting the letter down on the counter. I open the box, the suit pops up at me. A black bodysuit with white detailing down the sides. A hood attached to the back and a black mask to go around my eyes. Ah yes no one will recognize literally anything else about me if I wear this. I shut the case, wanting to ignore that any of this ever happened.

"Peter?" I ask him wondering how his little mission is going. I don't get anything back. Probably for the better, but I'm still curious. I look over at the case again. Am I really considering putting that suit on and going to Manhattan to help that boy I hardly know? Yes I am. I stand about to go grab the suit but my phone rings. I pick it up and answer.

"Hello?"

"Stella! I need you," Betty says on the other line.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Brad Davies just texted me and said he wants your number and that he is having a party tonight," Betty explains.

"Isn't Flash's party tomorrow? Isn't that supposed to be the party of the weekend?" I ask her.

"Yeah but this is Brad Davies and a Friday. Flash will still see us since he's going to ask you to homecoming, but," she stops and I hear a slap I assume on her mouth, by her own hand. I ignore the comment.

"So we are making an appearance?" I ask.

"Yup be ready in an hour," Betty says.

"Fine. Bye Betty," I hang up and look at the case. I grab it and shove it on a shelf in my closet then get ready for Brad's party.