Chapter 28

Jason had me walk him all the way home until we had everything figured out. What he was wearing, when he'd pick me up, he even agreed to go to Peter's even though he didn't seem that thrilled about it. Everything was set and prepared in the matter of two hours. I get up from a chair in Jason's room. "Well I better head out my dad is probably worried," I say.

"No wait," he says shutting his bedroom door, which had stayed open at his mother's request. "Stay a little longer," he says. I look at him then back at the door and shake my head.

"No," I say slowly. "I'm, gonna go," I say. "I'll see you tomorrow," I say.

"Boy that door better be open," I hear a male voice say from downstairs. Jason sighs and cracks his door.

"Come on Stella," he says grabbing my hand. I wince in pain remembering my wrist which is still swollen and pull my arm slowly away.

"Jason you are kind of acting like you wanna go to this dance as more than friends," I say stepping back a little.

"I'm sorry Stella," he says sitting on his bed. "You know Gwen broke up with me a couple weeks ago," Jason says. I nod.

"Yeah, but weren't you kind of an asshole to her?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"If anything I was the nicest person ever to her. She broke up with me out of nowhere," Jason says. I sit by him and sigh.

"You must have really liked her," I say. He nods.

"That's why I feel weird not going to this dance with her. She was great," he explains.

"Jason," I start he looks at me. "I like someone else," I tell him.

"Parker," he says simply. I look at him confused. "Come on Stella you aren't fooling anyone. Everyone knows you have a thing for Parker."

"I don't like Peter," I say.

"See even just then. Ever since you've heard his name you've called him Parker, and all the sudden you call him Peter?" He asks. I don't know what to say and the pain in my wrist starts throbbing again. I wince and try to ignore it.

"I don't like Parker," I say lightly.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me that," I look up then hear police sirens outside. I perk up and stand to look out the window. "Stella it's just police. We live in Queens," Jason says with a laugh. I look up to see if Spider-Man is swinging around but I don't see anyone.

"I know," I say sitting back down. "I'm, just," I pause and think. "A big fan of Spider-Man. I try to get a glimpse every time," I explain.

"Oh, yeah I'm a big Spider-Man fan too," he says. "Anyway," Jason says. "Were you about to dump me?" I shake my head rubbing my wrist and wincing at my own touch.

"No I just thought you might want to try again with Gwen," I say.

"You know MJ's super into Peter right? Brad's been trying to get with her for weeks and he's been unsuccessful," he explains. I sigh.

"I don't like Peter!" I say. He laughs a bit.

"Like I said Stella, you aren't fooling anyone," Jason says. "Look I'd be willing to still go with you if you don't mind?"

"I like Harry," I say quickly. Just lying. "Harry Osborn, he went to Brad's party. He asked me to the dance after you did and I haven't said anything to him," I explain.

"Oh," Jason says. "So, you are dumping me?"

"No, of course not," I say. "I'm-" I stop as I notice a red blur fly pass the window.

"Peter? You Spider-Manning?" I ask him. I hear the sirens amplify and I realize I'm back at the window.

"Don't tell MJ," Peter sends back. I head to the door.

"Hey where are you going?" Jason asks.

"Bye Jason see ya tomorrow! We are still going to the dance together!" I yell running out his front door. I run down the street quickly taking my sweater off and dipping into an alleyway. I quickly put my suit on, wincing the whole way around my wrist. I jump up on a roof. "Lily call Spider-Man," I say quickly jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

"Stella," Peter says quietly.

"Peter where are you?" I ask.

"I'm under the city," he says. I furrow my brows. "Kingpin was running from the cops and I followed him here."

"Kingpin's there?" I ask heading down to the subway.

"He hasn't seen me yet and," he stops. "I got another call," he says. "It's MJ," he says sounding a little scared. I run down the subway tracks, every stride pulsing through my wrist. I stop when it turns into a huge layer. I jump up to the rafters wincing a bit, and see Spider-Man not far from me.

"Answer it," I say to him. He turns and jumps almost falling off. I hang up the call. "Karen answer the phone," I say closer to his mask.

"Peter where are you?" I hear MJ say.

"Uhhh, I'm at home," he says awkwardly. I shake my head and hold my wrist close to my chest. Why am I here? I should of gotten my wrist looked at.

"Oh, I thought we were gonna help May at the shelter today?"

"Right!" He exclaims kind of loudly. I look down and a thug makes eye contact with me.

"It's Spider-Man!" He yells.

"What was that?" MJ asks. Gun fire begins and I jump around in the rafters, wincing on every land, as Peter hops around webbing people.

"It's a movie," he says quickly. "MJ I gotta go bye," he says hanging up the phone. "Stella get out of here," he says. I am still moving from rafter to rafter avoiding gun firer.

"Get that insect out of my lab!" I hear a deep voice say.

"Kingpin," I say stopping my movement causing a bullet to fly right through my shoulder I scream in pain and fall off the rafters. I feel someone slam into me catching me and causing my wrist to hurt more. I scream again and see Peter holding on to me.

"We gotta get you outta here," Peter says swinging away.

"No," I wince. "You gotta ," I'm in so much pain as feel him swing up.

"Kill that spider I'm not risking him ruining everything," I hear Kingpin say, but it's further away. The gun fire has stopped and I pass out.