Chapter 9

I walk up to Brad's door and knock on the door. I can hear the music blasting already. The door opens and the house is full of people. Some of them I don't even recognize. I see Brad standing in front of me with a huge smile. "Hey Stella!" He says practically screaming. I flinch a bit. My ears feel like they are bleeding by all the noise around. I haven't been to a party since I got my powers. If I had a freak out at school I can't imagine what this place is going to be like. Maybe I shouldn't have come. "Stella? Are you gonna come in?" Brad asks just looking at me. I nod and step in. I look around looking for Betty and see her talking to Ned. What he doing here? It dawns on me that he wouldn't be here by himself and I start looking for Peter.

I see him across the room in the kitchen getting something out of the fridge. I run over, giving Brad the cold shoulder as he was telling me where the bathroom is. Peter shuts the fridge door and I tackle him with a hug. He stumbles back but we don't fall. "Stella?" He questions flinching a bit.

"You're okay," I say pulling away. He nods lightly and looks around. I clear my throat and blink. "Um, sorry," I say. Some people are looking at us. "Uh, I heard that you were in that bus crash on eleventh," I add. "I'm just happy you and your aunt are okay."

"Oh my god Peter you were in that?" A random guy asks. I give Peter a forced smile.

"Uh, Yeah. It was crazy, but I'm alright," he says. He sounds tired. "Excuse me," He says brushing pass me but grabbing my arm to drag me out of the kitchen. "Why do you all the sudden care?" He asks me actually sounding upset.

"What do you mean?" I ask as we end up outside away from everyone.

"I get you a suit to try and do the right thing and help. You never show. I end up losing my ass out there and you show up to a party acting like we are cool?"

"Peter I thought you were dead. I'm just happy to see you."

"Even if I was dead you would still be here right?" He asks me. I sigh looking down at my shoes. "That's what I thought," he adds.

"I told you. The first day you found out. I don't want to be a superhero. I'm not like you Peter. I'm not a good person and I'm not going to save the day," I say. He crosses his arms.

"If you aren't the good guy, then that makes us different. Makes you the enemy," he says.

"Peter that's not-

"Bye Stella. I'm going back to the party. With my friend, and my girlfriend. I'll leave you alone now," he says heading back inside. "Give the suit back to the avengers. Someone else can have it," he adds.

"Peter!" I shout, but he's already gone. I feel a lump in my throat and I swallow hard trying not to cry. Why would I cry? This is what I wanted? Isn't it?

I wipe the one tear that escapes and go back inside. This isn't going to ruin my night, or my life. I love parties. I'm the life of the house parties. Peter and his group never come to parties. I don't know why they are here, but I'm going to act like I don't care, because I don't. I walk over to Betty to steal her from Ned. "Hey, let's dance," I say to her. She nods and goes to the dance floor.
"Thank god you saved me," She says. "I can't have my ex around if I want Brad to ask me to the dance," Betty explains.

"Please keep telling me your normal life things," I say. I dance next to Betty and see a group of boys with Brad staring at us. "Speaking of Brad, he's looking this way," I tell Betty. Betty turns and looks and starts blushing. I smirk take her hands.

"Stella, wait," Betty protest but we are already at Brad.

"Hey Brad, killer party. You remember Betty?" I ask him. He looks confused.

"Uh, Yeah we have history together," he says.

"Of course you do, we all do," I say with a smile. "You two should dance," I say pointing to each of them.

"I don't know," Brad says a little wary.

"Come on Brad," I say pushing him towards her.

"Stella if he doesn't want-

"Don't be silly Betty. Brad loves to dance," I say. "Besides, his friend here," I point to a cute guy who was with Brad. "Is going to show me the shots," I say with a wink to the guy. He smirks at Brad and I grab his hand. He takes me pass Peter, Ned, and MJ. I end up picking up their conversation.

"Why are we even here?" MJ says sounding bored.

"So I can ask Betty to the dance," Ned says.

"Okay then why are we here Peter?" She asks looking over at Peter. Peter is quiet. I smile lightly at the guy in front of me pouring us some shots of Jack. The only alcohol that is in the kitchen at the moment. "Peter, you're bleeding again," MJ says. I lose my smile and look over and see Peter is bleeding from his side.

"MJ it's fine. I just need some more webs on it. It'll heal," Peter says. I feel someone tap me on the shoulder and then and see a shot glass hovering in my face.

"You okay?" The guy asks me. I nod and take the shot.

"Yeah just heard something," I say. "What was your name?" I ask him pretending to be interested.

"Harry," he says.

"You got a last name to go with that?" I ask him. He laughs a bit and nods.

"I will warn you it usually makes people treat me differently."

"I don't tend to treat anyone differently," I say with a flirty smile.

"Osborn," he says. I almost choke on my second shot. "Thought that might happen."

"Like Norman Osborn? Of Oscorp?" He nods.

"Dad is normally what I call him," he says almost laughing.

"I didn't know he had a son?" I question. Harry shrugs.

"I'm not usually a topic of his seminars," he says taking another shot. He smiles at me looks around. "Looks like Brad and Betty are getting along," he says. I turn and see Betty dancing like an idiot and Brad moving when she comes near him. I wince for her.

"He doesn't like her does he?" I ask.

"Actually he's pretty into you," Harry says. "Actually everyone seems pretty into you, but you don't seem into anyone here." I shrug.

"Guess no one is really my type," I say downing another shot. I look over and see Peter and MJ are gone. Poor Ned is all alone just watching Betty and Brad. I turn back to Harry who is drinking a bottle of water. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," He says.

"If you had the chance would you be a superhero?" He puts the water down and looks like he is actually thinking about it.

"Honestly, yeah I think I would. I wouldn't want to go to space or anything like the avengers, but I would use whatever powers I had to try and help people all around New York. I think I'd want to stop little crimes that normally wouldn't be stopped. Someone's gotta look out for the little guy now a days. That's what Dad wants to do with Oscorp and I hope to help him one day," he explains. I'm speechless for a few minutes. What do I say to something like that? Maybe he can have my powers. He seems like a real nice guy. He and Peter would get along great.

"Don't you think that'd be a lot of responsibility?" I ask. He shrugs.

"With great power comes great responsibility, but I think that's what makes it worth it in the end," he says. I'm quiet again. I look down and turn to check on Betty. I see Brad talking to her and she looks like she might cry. I start walking towards them but Ned comes up and punches Brad in the face.

"Don't ever talk to her like that again," he says. I stop moving and am in shock. He turns to Betty. "Are you alright?" She nods and crashes into his arms. Guess she is going with Ned after all.