Chapter 2

I run and jump on a roof top but stop when I see a spider. A red and black spider, without a mask. I'm in shock as Peter runs a gloved hand through his hair. I almost want to say something but what am I going to say? I take a step towards him but he hears me and turns around quickly. "Crap," he says trying to put the mask on.

"Parker," I say. "It's too late," I add. He looks down then back at me.

"I can explain," he says.

"What's to explain? You're Spider-Man," I say.

"No, no," he says. I raise my eyebrows and look at his suit. "I'm, a... cosplayer," he says.

"A cosplayer?" I ask.

"Yes," He says quickly.

"Like for conventions and stuff?"

"Yeah, like for that stuff," he says awkwardly. I kind of want to believe him, but I'm no idiot. "Please don't step closer," I hear him say. I look at him confused now.

"Sorry?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"I didn't say anything," he says awkwardly. I raise my eyebrow and step closer to him. I see him shift uncomfortably.

"So you cosplay as Spider-Man?" I ask. He nods quickly, as I step closer. He takes a step back. "Well that's cool, Peter Parker the Spider-Man," I pause. "cosplayer," I add shortly after. "I better get home. My Dad's waiting for me," I say. I start to head towards the ledge which is closer to Peter and he furrows his eyebrows.

"How did you get up here?" He asks.

"I, um," I'm at a lose. "Same way you did," I say. He raises his eyebrows. "The stairs, Parker."

"Right! The stairs!" He says loudly I flinch a little. I really need to start wearing AirPods or something.  I walk away from him to the stair door.

"Later Parker," I say. "Good luck with your cosplay." I can tell the door is locked but I'm able to pull it open. Wow I am super strong! I walk down the stairs and hear other footsteps. I look back and don't see Peter. I furrow my brow and lean over the railing to see some shady looking people carrying a painting up the stairs.

"Don't know why we couldn't take the elevator," one guy says.

"Kingpin doesn't want to be suspicious," the other guy says. I recognize the painting from the museum. I step down the stairs a little and watch the two guys.

"Kingpin doesn't even need the painting."

I open my backpack and look for something to cover my face just in case. I remember the hoodie I'm wearing and flip it around using scissors quickly to cut eye holes. I run down the stairs. "Hey!" I say. The thugs turn and see me. "I don't think that painting belongs to you. They start laughing.

"Look Max a Spider-sidekick," he says laughing.

"I'm not with Spider-Man," I say dryly.

"Oh, just what the world needs another superhero," Max says.

"I just don't think that belongs to you."

"Listen hoodie why don't you run home," the other one says.

"We don't want anyone," Max gets a gun out. "Getting hurt," he adds pointing the gun at me.

"I think that'll only be you," I say tighten the hood in the back. I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't fight, I've never thrown a punch in my life.

"Big talk, for a little girl trapped in a stair way," I hear the gun go off and flitch. When I open my eyes I notice the bullet hits the ceiling. I look and see Spider-Man has the gun.