Chapter 11

When I get home I'm surprised to see my dad on the couch. He has on a nice collared shirt and dress pants. "Work again?" I ask pretending to actually care but I don't at this point.

"I quit," he says with a smile. I drop my keys and widen my eyes.

"What?" I pause. Not believing what I just heard. "You quit the Avengers?" I ask for clarification. He nods.

"I'm not supposed to disclose that I worked for them, but yes. Yes I quit!" He says I squeal and hug him since he had moved to where I was in the kitchen.

"Dad that's great!" I say excitedly. I then think about the thing that makes the world go around, money. "But, what about the apartment?" I ask.

"Oh baby, I'm not jobless," he says. I let go of our hug and look at him. "I work at Oscorp now," he says.

"Oscorp? The science place?" I ask. "Like Norman Osborn's place?"

"That's the one," he says. I look at him knowing that's just as much work as the Avengers. By the way Harry talked he seemed like he never saw his dad either.

"That's," I pause almost disappointed. "great, Dad." I hug him again and go to put my dress in the closet.

"What do you got there?" He asks following me to my room.

"Homecoming dress," I say simply. He unzips the bag and smiles. "Looks better on," I add as I notice the smile is more out of politeness and not because he likes it.

"I'm sure you look beautiful in it," he says. His cell phone goes off in his pocket and he answers it. I don't bother following him out of my room. I know who it is when I hear "Yeah, I'll be there right away." God forbid I have one second with my dad. Once a workaholic always a workaholic. I shake my head as I hear my door creak open. "Baby," my dad says.

"Just go," I say. I open my closet and hang my dress up. "I have plans anyway," I add. He sighs sadly and closes my door. I wait until I hear our front door lock until I throw a hanger across the room. I stand in my closet and look up at the suit I still haven't given back. I drag it down and flip the case open. I just want to see if it fits. I lock my door and close the blinds putting the suit on. It fits perfectly actually it has some sort of technology that makes it form to my body. I imagine a lot of super-suits have that. I flip the hood up and put the black mask on. Something pops up and it causes me to jump back.

"Hello Stella," A voice says to me. I jump again.

"Um, hi?" I question. "Who is this?"

"I'm your personal suit assistant," the lady says.

"Oh, okay," I say as if this is totally normal. "um, why?"

"To help you control and maintain the suit and yourself during battle and wear," suite lady replies.

"So you are like, my Karen?" I ask her remembering Peter's little suit lady.

"Exactly," She says.

"Is your name Karen?" I ask her.

"Is that what you would like to call me?"

"I get to name you?"

"Of course, if you would like to. I am your personal assistant," she says. I can feel a smile even though she isn't technically real.

"I feel like Karen is Peter's thing," I say simply sitting on my bed trying to think of a name. "What about Lily?" I ask after a couple seconds.

"If that's what you wish," she replies. We both go silent for a couple minutes as I look in the mirror. I'm about to ask what the suit does when Lily speaks up.

"Spider-Man is about to pass by. Would you like to turn on his route?" Lily says.

"How do you-" I'm stopped as a red and black blur flashes by my window. "Hey Lily," I start. "Yeah go ahead and tell me where he's going," I say.

"Incoming call from Spider-Man," Lily says.

"What?" I ask. "Okay that's-

"Stella?" I hear Peter say.

"Um, Hi Peter," I reply acting casual.

"What are you doing in the suit?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows.

"How did you know I was in the suit?"

"Karen let me know. She said you were on the move so I turned on the tracker to find you," Peter explains.

"Well Lily just said you were on the move so-

"Who's Lily?"

"My suit lady," I state simply. "Wait, where are you? I feel really close to you," I say without really thinking but I can sense him. I hear a russell from my roof then a knock on my window. I pull the blinds open and see Spider-Man right in front of me. I open the window and he climbs in. I close everything back up and he removes his mask. He looks kind of mad as he fixes his hair.

"Take it off," he says lightly but still firmly.

"Peter I don't think MJ would appreciate you telling another girl to take their clothes off," I say jokingly. He lets out a sigh and steps back a bit.

"You know what I mean. You said you didn't want to do the hero thing. Stop flip flopping!"

"I don't like flip flops they hurt my toes," I say taking the mask off and putting it back in the case.

"This is why we have issues," Peter says simply.

"Peter I'm joking," I say. "I still don't want to be a superhero. I just wondered what the suit looked like. I wanted to appreciate someone great design work," I say, wanting him to chill out.

"Alright, well Happy will come and get it from you," Peter says crossing his arms.

"Fine," I say. He goes towards the window as if to begin leaving. "Are you going to Flash's party?" I ask quickly.

"What?" He asks turning around his mask half on.

"Are you going to Flash's party?"

"No. I'm taking MJ to dinner," he states. "I'm asking her to the dance." I seem disappointed in this response.
"Don't worry I'm sure you'll have fun anyway," he adds putting his mask on. He steps out the window and swings away.