Chapter XII

I couldn't sleep so I left for the living room,where I could think. I didn't want to disturb Kenzie anyway(we sleep on the same bed,just for you'll to know)

What happened about three hours ago was a rollercoaster that I never imagined I'd  ride on. Ever in my life. I reached home,dazed and spoke to no one. I tried taking the longest shower,reading a book,even watching a video,but all my focus each and every time went to... Yeah to him.

Jason Waters.

Why the hell does he have to like me? What's there to be liked in me? I get I'm beautiful,pretty and intelligent,but I'm not good for him. He deserves someone better than me. I fear due to my introversial character he will die of boredom. The last thing is to do something that will break each other's hearts.

That's why,after all the preparation he had for proposing me to be his girlfriend,I gave a straight,curt,serious,no. And I demanded that I be dropped as soon as possible and I really said things that shouldn't be said. Do I regret it? Maybe...

"...because I love you Tara!"

I slowly removed his hands from my face. I was too shocked to reply immediately,but the next words were full of bitterness and anger.

"Look Jason,I don't know what your intentions are at this point... what's your deal with me? What trap are you putting me into,coz I'm smarter than that. You were my bully and I don't know whether I can truly trust you at this point. Just tell me what you want from me because...you're confusing me!" I replied firmly.

I opened the car door,and inhaled the cool evening crisp air as I tried to settle my emotions. My scattered emotions. I folded my arms as I leaned against the car,and waited for my death. I felt his presence beside me,on my left side.

"Where are they?"I asked.

"Who? It's just the two of us at the moment."

"Stop pranking me Jason. Why bring me out to the wild,if your only intention is to kill me!" I shrieked it him.

"I wouldn't want to see you hurt,I would kill myself Tara! Don't you get that I love you so much,that I would gladly give my life for you?"he desperately shouted.

"I don't really care at this point,I have too much hurt,and I don't want to commit myself into anything serious."

"Tara,don't you get it?"

"What? That I'll wake up and all this will be a lie? That I'll be the laughing stock of the school? Jason,I've humiliated myself enough. And take me home right now coz I cannot tolerate this anymore," I scoffed.

"I'm not done yet Tara. We leave here when we're done,"he quietly replied as he wiped his face. I walked ahead,towards the fire and sat on a log. My soul was too weary for any more burdens...

"Tara! Are you fine?"I heard someone exclaim.

I guess the tears made a puddle on the floor. Kenzie moved till where I sat and gathered me in her arms. I sobbed as she rocked me like a baby. Why was I crying? Maybe because I was tired and...yeah.

I looked up at Kenzie,and unashamedly told her what happened.

"Tara I have to do this. I cannot live in denial that I have feelings for you and I've fallen in love with you."he knelt down,and he took my hand."Will you be my girlfriend?"