Chapter II

Monday morning
After the amazing weekend I had (in along time),Westley and I left the house geared up for school. He told me Violet wanted to pick us up on her way to school. Since she wasn't here yet we just sipped our coffee in a companiable silence. Today I decided to step out of my comfort zone in fashion and wore a white shirt with a black and white polka dotted bow and an A-line skirt. To top it up I pulled out my boots which have stayed off the bed for the past many months. This weekend has just woken up my confident spirit!

"I forgot to tell you something," Westley said smiling at me.

"What?"

"You look good," he said winking at me.

"Are you being malicious?" I asked with a note of concern.

"Really Tara? I'm your cousin!" he cried out.

"OK, OK I believe you. And thanks. Honestly," I replied

A car, a pink Mercedes convertible hooted softly at us, and Westley looked at it with awe.

"Hey Westley... Oh..." her face turned sour. Already expected that... So used to it.

"Hey Violet!" he said as she came out to hug him, then gave me a dirty look. Girls... Does she think I badly want Westley?

"I'm so happy you accepted my ride! So shall we ?" Violet asked excitedly.

"OK..." Westley replied, opening the back seat.

"Why don't you sit with me at the front? Invisible Girl can take the back seat." she sneered at the last statement.

"Invisible Girl?" he looked at me quizzically and I shrugged taking my 'rightful' seat.

"Yeah... She's very invisible coz she runs away from presenting projects, rarely talks in class, doesn't do music or sports, and she has no friends. Or I'm I lying, invisible girl?" she looked briefly at me in the middle mirror.

"Ummmm..." I gulped out because it was a hundred percent true.

"But she's called Tara and she has a different personality from everyone. Don't blame it on her!" he spoke up.

"Well... You can't make it in life without making friends and being popular, don't you think Westley?" she posed. And he was shut up by her statement.

"Anyway let's stop talking about some people, tell me why you want to join this school," she tuned to him sweetly.

I turned off from their conversation and thought about what she said. Popularity. If I do something, I'll be popular. Mostly the wrong thing. But I don't want to because I'm the good, quiet and unnoticed girl. And I will let my father down, because he raised me to be good, despite the fact that mom did the wrong thing by divorcing, leaving without a trace.

And in conclusion I'll just remain me. I shouldn't care about that, coz I have Westley (who's being negatively influenced by this woman! Ugh!) and Kenzie(that I'm yet to confirm)

When the car pulled up at school I practically jump out of the car, unlike the other times when I always tell my dad I don't wanna go to school until he just has a way of making me go. I felt irritated and insulted by Violet... Like she really didn't have to say all that! I don't think she knows the feeling of being rejected by their age mates.

I went on into school where I got the usual stares, giggles and daring insults thrown at me. People even try to push me down and I have had to develop mechanisms to reach my locker without falling down. I finally reached it and breath a sigh of relief and wiped off the tears forming on my eyes.