Chapter III

"Tara! Talk some sense into that girl... Does she know we're cousins who live in the same house?  We've been friends forever and she wants to destroy that? What the hell is wrong with her?" Westley shouted at me, full force.

He's given me silent treatment for the past two nights, and finally tonight he opened up. I've seen him angry like this only twice, a break up and when we lost grandpa. He was the closest grandson to him.

Now I don't understand why he's so mad.

"Stop looking at me and talk Tara... And talk." he turned to me.

"What do you want to hear? You're my best friend?" I added acid to his pain.

"If you had a problem riding with Violet, I could have refused and used the bus. You know me Tara... I can do anything for you!"

"You knew from that day that we weren't exactly on good terms. But I knew you liked her, and I didn't want to look like an interference. That's why I shut up. So that you can judge her for yourself."

"Tara... You're one of my closest friends and I don't want to see you hurt. I'm sorry for being so angry while you did what you did for a good reason. I now realise Violet is just no the right one fire and just wants to destroy our relationship. And I'll remove her from my life. "

" Are you sure with that? I mean you like her and all... "

" I know I like her, but you're more important right now than Violet... And one more thing, "he sat down next to me on the couch.

" What? "

"Apart from seeking my forgiveness I have to seek someone else's forgiveness, "he said quietly.

" Who? "I asked puzzled.

***

Saturday afternoon
I knocked at Kenzie's villa with Westley at my side. He looked very nervous. I tried to change his mind but no... He wanted to go on with the mission at hand, apologizing to Natasha MacKenzie.

"OH! Tara! Come in come in!" the housekeeper said happily as she ushered us into the family room. Pictures of her 5 brothers and 3 sisters littered the whole place. And there's a grand piano at the corner of the room. On top of it was an outstanding huge picture of her parents when they were younger. And her mom looks exactly like Kenzie.

"They all died. This is all of what I've remained of the fire. I'm actually from Britain but my dad is American... Thus the name MacKenzie and I love the name Kenzie.I loved my dad the most between my parents." Kenzie entered the family room and I saw her eyes glistening with tears.

"Kenzie! I'm so sorry for what happened. May their souls rest in peace. "I replied going to hug her.

" It's not your fault I have no family Tara... It's some malicious people who don't care about who will get hurt. It's the money they greed for. And in the end they leave destruction, suffering and painful wounds to heal. But you gotta stand and move on. Sad I learnt that a bit too late. "

A tear escaped my eye and I wiped it off my cheek quickly. I looked at Kenzie. Though tears were freely flowing down her cheeks, she appeared calm. I looked at Westley and he gave me a sad look. We both didn't expect that...all we wanted to make peace then leave, but seems like it will be a long afternoon.

"Well have a seat guys... What can I do for you? This is the fifth year since the fire in Texas... Thats why I remembered," then she turned to Westley with a look of shock then it turned to horror, "what's this jerk doing here?"