Against The Clock, Racing With Mother Nature

A/N: I apologize for taking forever to update. Lots of crazy things going on and settling into how the world is now has been a little hard getting used to. It kept me away from Wattpad for a pretty long time, and I suffered a minor writer's block for this story as well. Thankfully, coming back to this and writing what I could has made me felt so much better and I'm excited to be back with Jade and the crew~ 

There also might be a potential few new stories coming up soon since a few of my favorites that I've been wanting to write on have gotten dubbed, and/or a new season so I'm thinking about doing a few. I'm also planning to end Misfit Herd at the Meltdown, then write Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Continental Drift and Collision Course in a separate book so that will also be coming up too.

Anyways, I hope you all are safe and doing okay and continue to stay safe and positive during this crazy time, I wish you all the best and hope for your guys health! <3

--------------------------------------

"Jade, stop chasing Sid!!" Manny called to me as I hopped to tackle the sloth once more, who did a tuck and roll out of my direction after missing a rock near his foot.

"Then tell him to stop singing that dang song!!" I shot back,

"Sid, I will tell the tigers they can have you a midnight meal if you keep torturing them." He threatened the sloth who dove behind Diego,

"What?! It's catchy!! Can you blame me?"

"They- tried- to- eat us!!" I reminded, as I went to run and grab him but the saber protecting him was faster than me,

"Does this happen a lot...?" Ellie whispered to Manny, who sighed, shaking his head at us while Diego was still trying to keep me from eating Sid from that point on, who still had the audacity to hum the song the vultures were chanting to us. He had gotten lucky the last few times but my patience was wearing thinner and he was getting slower- it had been going on ever since we left the two vultures taunting me.

"More than you think it would."

While Diego was distracted, I managed to jump over his body that he used to shield the idiot and aim to tackle Sid but the sloth barely dodge my attack, somehow sensing what I was going to do. He screamed loudly and ran for Manny, jumping onto his back and narrowly avoiding my bite as Diego caught up to me too and held me down, to which I struggled against his weight. 

"Jade- do I need to tell Diego to put you in timeout?" Our leader chastised me, coming up with Sid cowering in his fur,

"I'm not a cub, Manny!" I exclaimed, failing my trapped arms around like a trapped fish out of water.

"You sure trying to kill Sid is making you act like one." Diego scoffed, grinning at me smugly, "Not very fitting for Miss 'I-Really-Do-Care'."

I rolled my eyes, "If I swear not to murder him, will I be let go?"

"I trust that as about much as I trust you when you say you don't care." He shot back, making me growl, narrowing my eyes. I huffed a breath, and glared at the sloth, "You're so lucky, Sid..."

"I love you, Jade?" I shook my head, but something ahead caught my eye.

"No way..." I gasped, and everyone followed to see what I was looking at- "The Land Boat..." The saber holding me down moved off and I was free to sit back up. 

"We made it..." Needless to say, everyone was speechless but it quickly subsided as happiness hit us and we all started cheering. We were saved!! We were going to live!! But I couldn't pretend that I didn't see Ellie and Manny get a little too close together and share a moment. I opened my mouth to tease them but then a geyser shot right up from the ground, scaring everyone and we realized the area up ahead was the most dangerous area to cross to get to the Landboat- one spouting off another.