Sid Does Something Right... For Once

"Guys we have to get this kid out of the wind!" Manny called to the four of us as the cold wind blew harshly on all of us. Night had fallen, and we were only a few miles away from Half Peak. 

"How much further Diego?" I asked, my body shivering to the cold atmosphere.

"Three miles" He replied, looking out at the distance. "We'll get there in the morning" I turned around to look at Sid to see him pick up a rock and begin to draw something on the cave wall behind us. 

"Sid... what are you doing??" I asked, 

"Putting sloths on the map" He replied.  

"Hey, why don't you draw him realistic?" Manny asked, 

"With him lying down" I added,

"And make him rounder" Diego finished with a mischevious smirk. Manny took the rock from Sid and made the sloth fatter. 

"Perfect" The three of us chorused with evil smirks. 

"Ha-ha!! I forgot how to laugh" Sid said sarcastically as he took the rock from Manny and filled it in. As he did, a spark flew from it and landed on some dry twigs creating a fire. My eyes widen as did Manny's and Diego's. 

Sid actually did something right for once??! 

Sid smiled and looked at the rock in his hands, 

"I'm a genius!!" He placed a kiss on the rock.

The two males beside me then went off and grabbed some more twigs and logs to make the fire bigger. Once the fire was enough to keep us all warm, we all took place around it.

"From now on you'll have to refer to me as Sid... Lord of the Flame!!" Sid exclaimed as he stood in front of the fire with a proud grin. 

"Hey Lord of the Flame... your tail's on fire," Manny said. The sloth looked down and saw that his tail was indeed on fire. Once that information processed in his head, he ran around, screaming his head off while making the baby and I laugh hysterically. 

When Sid reached the saber next to me, his flaming tail was put out. The sloth sighed in relief,

"From now on I'm gonna call you Diego...." 

"Lord Of Touch Me and You're Dead." Diego finished, and Sid gasped. The saber grabbed his head and gave him a noogie. "I'm just kidding you little knucklehead." I giggled at the two. It was nice to see the two becoming great friends. 

"Hey lovebirds" Manny got our attention, and we looked over at the mammoth, "Look at this" My eyes widen as the baby began to stand up on his own two feet. 

"I don't believe it" Sid whispered with a smile.  The baby then began to walk to the sloth. "Come here, you little biped. Come here little wormy-wormy. Come to Uncle Sid." To everyone's surprise, the baby began to walk to Diego. He stood up and looked at the human child nervously. 

"No, go to him," He said gesturing to Manny. "Go to him," He said again, this time pointing to the said mammoth. However, the child continued his way towards the saber. When he got there, he fell and leaned onto Diego's leg. "Um okay." 

A gurgle/coo came from the baby as he looked up at the awkward male saber. 

"Um, good job. Keep practicing" He said, helping the baby back up. The baby then walked over to the mammoth that lay beside me until he sneezed, making him fall. 

"Alright bed time squirt," Manny said as he picked up the child in his trunk. I smiled at the duo, 

"Look at that big pushover." Sid murmured, "You know you guys, I never had a friend who would risk their life for me." 

"Yeah... Manny, he's uh... he's a good guy." Diego said with a nod,

"A good guy who has been wronged in the past." I agreed, yawning afterward. "Night you guys." I lied my head down on my paws,

"Night Jade." The two boys said as I closed my eyes, smiling softly.

=======

"I should've known you'd come crawling back," He sneered. I narrowed my eyes at him, "You always were the one to come back after running away from your problems." 

"I wasn't even trying to come back" I seethed, "It's just a miracle that we only met again... even after her planned murder." 

"Then I guess we end what we started..." 

"Let's," I said as I made the first move, pouncing on him and knocking him off his feet. He stood up a few seconds later and immediately jumped me, clawing at my face. I let out a growl and slashed at his face. He faltered long enough for me to knock him off me with a push. 

I got up and swiped a paw at him, leaving three claw slashes on his face. The male looked at me with a glare and let out a fierce growl, before charging right into me and knocking me into something hard. 

My vision turned blurry, black spots dancing around, as ringing occurred in my ear. I saw him tower over me, his chuckles ringing as his figure came in focus, 

"I told you... you should've just left where it was... you'd get killed if you tried to come back." The last thing I saw was his smirking face before he attacked and darkness soon covered my vision

======= 

"Ah!!" I jolted up, heart pounding as I looked around the area. I was here. Manny, Sid, Diego and the baby... they were right beside me. They're okay... they're okay. The crackling of the fire and the snow falling around, made me take a breath of relief, calming my pounding heart.

"I'm okay... I'm okay..." I said to myself, "He's not here... he's not here... I'm alright. I won't ever see him again." I breathed out another breath of relief. 

I lay down my head before closing my eyes after taking one last look at the mammals around me. Even if I did meet him again, I knew... I knew I could handle one last showdown with him.

??? POV

"So... she's here..." I said as we watched the group from afar as they slept soundly around the fire, "Just like you said," I said to my second-in-command,

"Yes. I'm afraid he's getting close to her." He said, "Turning soft..." 

I scoffed, "That's Jade's doing... she always was the saber that made the males turn towards that road. She could turn even the coldest of sabers warm. He's weak as well. I knew that once he met her... he would go down that road as well."

"What do we do?"

"We wait." I said, "We wait for them to reach the Peak. And when we do... we strike."

"And after that, what do we do about him?"

I narrowed my eyes at the saber my second-in-command mentioned, "We kill him. We don't let him live. Anyone and I mean ANYONE associated with that female, we kill. I'm not letting her get away again."

"And her?" He inquired,

"She has the sister kept on leash." I answered, "Once word gets to her and her crew that Jade's dead... that little saber won't last one more second alive." I then looked at him, "Get everyone ready, for tomorrow, we strike the moment they enter the Peak."

He nodded before running off. I looked back at the sleeping female with narrowed eyes. "Sleep soundly Jade... for tonight will be the last night you will ever experience..." I then walked off and headed back to where my followers all stayed.

A/N: Yes... yes I  REALLY just went there. Tell me, who do you guys think this is? Who do you think is the one Jade fears to meet again and who is after her? (Though I'm pretty sure y'all have a  PRETTY good idea who this is) And who is the female who has Jade's sister on "leash " ?  Anyway, see you guys in the next update! Bye! <3