Vultures For Dinner Anyone?

"Can we slow down a little...?! I'm dying here!" Sid exclaimed from behind us as he was trailing behind. We were moving fast to try and reach the land boat before it left or worse the meltdown would reach us. However not seconds later as he said that, two vultures then surrounded him from up high branches, creeping him out completely. "It was just a figure of speech!!" 

That's when I noticed that vultures were surrounding everywhere we went through. I stopped, starting to see they were eyeing us intently, like predators watching their prey. 

Diego looked back at me with a bit of worry, "Jade?"

I didn't answer, meeting every single bird's eye that stared us down from high above. 

Manny then stopped, and I saw he was noticed too. The others eventually stopped in their tracks too and we looked at each other. 

"What is it....?" Ellie asked, this time having a small stutter in her voice.

"They just sit there... watching us..." Manny replied as we looked around us again at the crowd that was slowly growing larger by the second.

"They've been watching us ever since we left... stalking us." I agreed,

"I wish l knew what they were thinking..." Sid gulped, huddling close by me for protection as if I was a wall that could protect him. Yet the stomach-churning feeling in my stomach said it clear that what he just said screwed us all over. 

One vulture, who I definitely recognized from the moment this meltdown started, was narrowing his eyes deeply before he smiled a creepy grin.

"Food~
Glorious food. 
We're anxious to try it~"

None of us could even blink as a female vulture came swooping in at our heads, forcing us to duck down as she joined his singing, landing beside him on the branch.

"Threeeee~ banquets a daay!
Our favorite diet!~
"

Then a baby came in between the two smiling birds and started to singing along too, 

"Just picture a mammoth steak; fried, roasted, or stewed~!!!"

"Ohhhhh, that's fu-!" I couldn't finish my shocked sentence as the crowd on the edge of the wall started to harmonize in the sudden musical,

"Oh, food, wonderful food, marvelous food, glorious, fooood!!~"

"Go go go!!" Diego urged as we started to head down the way as fast as we could move, not wanting to stick around nearby for when they finished. 

"Food, glorious food~!!"

However, they were smart to do what they could to separate us and target for their line of food. Eddie and Crash were the first to be talked about as one vulture almost stole them away in his beak if Ellie hadn't covered them with her trunk,

 "Poached possums or flamb~!