Not You!

"You ready for this, Sid?" I asked, taking in another breath to calm down my nerves as the wind blew through our fur lightly.

"No..." He admitted, shaking his head as he clutched onto the bundle tightly, "What if this goes wrong?" He asked, worry filling his light bluish-green eyes,

I sighed, "I know how you feel." I said softly, "I don't trust this either but we're just going to have to go along with this. It's too late to turn back now." 

Sid sighed, closing his eyes briefly, "You're right. Let's go." I nodded as we headed out from where Diego told us to go through. The wind blew harder when we left our harbored area, snow dancing around us. 

In front of us, I spotted Diego's group, from my peripheral vision, watching us from above on rocks, all keeping their eyes locked on Sid. The sloth and I continued our walk, ignoring that we could see my fellow species watching us intently like the prey they considered us to be. 

Loudly Sid asked, "He's meeting us over there, right?" 

I looked behind us and nodded, playing along, "Yeah, he should be there just as we --"

"AHH!!" Right on time. I jumped and turned around, seeing three sabers come towards us. Sid and I turned around, trying to walk back though the deep snow kept us from doing so. Just as the three got close -- 

"WHOO-HOO!" The sloth and I jumped, landing on our makeshift skis and board as we slid downhill. We cheered loudly as we zipped around, leaning left and right to avoid the barks that jutted out from the snow. 

Sid jumped from a cliff as I hopped over an arched rock, landing back on my board as my friend cheered, naming the move he did, "Backscratcher!" We avoid a few more rocks and bark, the snow flying up as we flew downhill. "WHOAA!" Sid hit one of the rocks, losing his left ski-board. 

He lost his balance for a few seconds before planting both feet firmly on his board, doing the same thing as I was. A smile came up on my friend's face as I chuckled. We came up to rocks that were opposite each other and, getting an idea, exchanged looks. 

"LOOP-DE-LOOP!" The two of us cried as we did it two times, passing by each other before leaning back, making a trail in the snow.

"Slalom! Slalom, baby!" Sid chuckled as he looked behind us at the sabers who were still trying to pursue us. My eyes widen as I looked forward,

"SID!" I shouted, "WATCH OUT FOR THAT -- !"

THUMP!!  "Oof !!"

"...tree" I finished with a sigh as I cringed at my friend, who fell back and face-planted into the snow, becoming unconscious, as the bundle he held rolled over to me.

"There they are!!" I gasped and turned around, seeing our three enemies come up behind. I looked down at my unconscious friend, trying to think of something to do. I looked at the sabers, who got closer, then at Sid,

"Oh please don't let us get caught" I murmured before throwing him onto my back, grabbing the bundle with my teeth and I sped off downhill. I leaned right and left, dodging the trees that were in my way. I glanced back to see distance get put between me, Sid and the three sabers. I smiled as I looked back up only for it to disappear as I saw a cliff coming up. 

I flew into the air and lost my balance on the board, soon sliding down the ice with the bundle slipping from my muzzle. When I stopped sliding, I shook my head and gasped, seeing the three sabers crowd around it. Then another saber, who I presumed was the leader, came up between them. Sid had regained conscious at the same time and gasped when he saw what I saw.

The leader pulled the bundle to see better and their smug looks dropped, seeing a snowman instead of the baby. Sid and I smirked, 

"SORRY FELLAS!" The sloth called and the four looked up at us, "He got a little frost bite!" We then skedaddled out of there as we heard the leader growled. We laughed in amusement and relief, glad that our plan had worked.

"Alright,  you know what to do!" I said to my friend and he nodded with a grin. We then separated, going different directions with the three sabers chased after me. I smirked, looking back at them, "Catch me if you can, boys!" I called before picking up speed, throwing a bit of snow in their faces. I then made a sharp turn and another before running past Manny and Diego. I skidded to a halt as the three sabers came around the corner, looking surprised when they saw the mammoth.

"Surpriise!" He shouted as he swung the log, hitting the trio and knocking them down hill,

"Great job!" Diego praised him, "Let's pick up Sid and get out of here." Manny and I nodded as we got ready to leave. However, I picked up a familiar scent, making me stop in my tracks and turn around. I then gasped, my eyes widening as I saw the one mammal I never thought I'd see again.

"No..." Manny and Diego turned around, their eyes widening with fear as they caught sight of what I saw. "No, it can't be." I shook my head, "NOT YOU!" 

A/N: Yes, the saber in the picture is Jade. Tell me, is this how you guys imagine her to look like? I'm curious to know what you guys thought she looked like. And I know I'm evil for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger. What do you think is going to happen next? And who do you think Jade saw? And did any of you catch the reference I put in here? Thanks for reading! Hope you guys liked it! I'll see you guys in the next chapter, bye!