The Last Stand

A/N: HERE IT IS! The battle between Jade and Soto! It's a bad drawing I know, I was up at 3 in the morning :P. Please tell me, I have right to feel like a racist butthole for the way I drew them XD Anyway, onto the chapter!!

The thoughts raced inside my head as I stood frozen, my jaw dropped and my eyes wide. I didn't know what to think or what to do. I just couldn't believe it.... How and why??!

"Diego..." He addressed the saber, "Let's bring the saber and mammoth down!" His cold green eyes met mine and Manny's. I snapped out of my fear which was replaced with anger as I growled, getting in front of the mammoth,

"You will not touch a hair on Manny!" I exclaimed, my eyes narrowing at the male across from me,

"You're willing to sacrifice your life for a mammoth?!" He let out a mocking cackle, "You're even more pathetic than I remembered," He spat out, looking at me with the same amount of hatred I had for him.

"No..." I shook my head, "I'm just a saber who's protecting her family," With that, I charged straight him,

"Jade!" Manny and Diego shouted for me as I tackled Soto to the ground. We rolled around, growling at each other before he threw me off. We both got into a pouncing position, fierce growls leaving our throats before running towards each other once again,

My two friends called my name once again, making a move to go and help but stopped for Soto's minions crowded in on them. My enemy and I were too into our fight to realize anything that was going on outside. 

Roars and growls that were filled with anger and a burning passion left our muzzles as we kept on swiping and pouncing at each other. I managed to get a good hit on him before he tackled me down to the ground. 

He snapped his jaws at my neck, trying to get them locked on it but I dodge each attack. When he pulled back, I swiped harshly at his face. He faltered from the surprise attack and I pushed him back off me as I quickly stood up and went to have another go at him. 

My heart pounded and my head was clouded as angry growls of rage left me, my paws swiping left and right as I attacked with every strength I had in me. Anger, fury, and despair filled my body as the fight between us raged one.

It wasn't long before I found myself rolling around on the snow-covered ground with him. This time, we went down the side of the cliff and landed on a little ledge. Soto threw me off and I landed near the edge. 

Below us, were sharp rocks that were certainly lead to death if one of us were to fall down. My eyes went wide as my heart lurched. I got up and away from the ledge, quickly spinning around to attack the male saber. After a few more swipes and snaps of the jaws, we began to circle each other,

"Why do you even bother??" He seethed with a chuckle, "Why do you bother to fight against this?? You know exactly what's to come." He ran forward and pinned me to the rocky wall that was behind us. "You really think you can get away from this??" I nearly screamed, using all of my strength to keep him from pushing me further in, 

"You've only gotten lucky because the counsel was too stupid to realize it was you!! AND FRAMING MY SISTER??!" A snarl left my bared teeth. The tension between us grew as did the roaring wind. It may have been cold but I felt hot to the core with the surging anger that was in me. Every breath I took was just adding to the roaring fire that was inside my heart, "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE TO US, SOTO!!" 

He grinned wickedly, "You can't do anything about it - ARGHH!!" The saber jumped back with a shout as the taste of blood filled my mouth and I slumped to the ground. Teeth marks that were on his right shoulder were shown, being bright red.